IGNORED

I had forgotten

impakt

How much brilliant stuff mike has made. It has probably been 5 years since I last listened to him and I'm now re-discovering my love for his music. Gotta love the melodies. :mu-ziq:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest cedric grimfuck

houzz 8 is seriously like a solar system raving

The first 14 seconds of that song is what got me into good electronic music. I didn't think anyone else had really payed attention to that track.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ezkerraldean

i used to fucking bone the Lunatic Harness album. and Bilious Paths. that jungle-ish period of mu-ziq was awesome. actually the older shit was banging too. damn you mike, make more of this

Guest Calx Sherbet

this might just be my skewed perspective, but he seems so under-appreciated. i love almost everything. even Mr. Angry and Salsa with Mesquite.

and that frost jockey stuff....wow, that's some gnarly shit

Guest tht tne

i guess i have yet to discover what makes mike p subforum-worthy... i never thought he belonged in the watmm 5... he does more than luke vibert though imo

Guest Calx Sherbet

if i'm picking favourite subforum artists, i'd put Mike P in second, right behind AFX. then Luke!

Guest ezkerraldean

Jesus H W Rastafari, forgot just how much i loved mu-ziq. i mean, i know i loved him but been listening to shit like The Raft EP and Bilious Paths and all the little secret B-side tracks. classic shit, that also takes me back years

still hate Duntisbourne Abbots though

Guest ezkerraldean
I agree with this. although I enjoy bits of his career, I can never shake the feeling that he's just aping RDJ. if you look at the directions in careers they took they're both very similar with mike following just behind rich. tango n vectif remains an exception though, it's a brilliant album. also planet mu is a bitchin label (though I can imagine after this post my chances of ever being signed to it are slim to none).

Tango&Vectif, Bluff Limbo and In Pine Effect don't really correlate with any thing Aphex has done. nor is the Jake Slazenger shit anything like anything of Aphex's. In some shitty interview somewhere he admits taking inspiration from Squarepusher for the Lunatic Harness-era stuff. who cares if he's "following" anyone else anyway, his output always has a unique, distinctive edge to it

This reminds me, I should buy Brace Yourself. I see it in the displaced used section at this music shop I go to all the time right next to Musipal. It has some killer stuff on it.

• 3 weeks later...

Woohoo glad to see a thread like this, once I put Gob Bots and World of Leather at a party where nobody even knew about Rephlex or something (+- 20 y/o average), and it worked ! Everybody dancing to µ-Ziq, discovering without prejudices giving good feedbacks and all, that was epic.

• 2 months later...

Archived