IGNORED

Joy Division

jules

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Enter a new display name

With 2 albums in their discography, I would really feel confused in your situation...

Again I would say Unknown Pleasures and Substance. Simple as that really!

Not a fan of Closer myself. Pretty miserable set of tunes I think but you should still have a listen (perhaps I should have another go myself)

Not a fan of Closer myself. Pretty miserable set of tunes I think but you should still have a listen (perhaps I should have another go myself)

quite obviously because of the situation Ian Curtis was in at the time.

quite obviously because of the situation Ian Curtis was in at the time.

Yep. This is proberbly the most bleak album I have in my collection (Faith by the Cure being up there). I just don't like it. Each to their own though.

UP has a unique sound to it. A sound like the space between a dark, ancient, wooded cemetry on the edge of town but with the weight of industrial lights of a big inner city bearing down upon it. I always think if Manchester has Catacombs this would be the soundtrack to that journey.

-Get "Unknown Pleasures" & "Closer" on physical formats

-Download the tracks that aren't included on those from the compilations

-Buy the "Heart & Soul" boxed set if you're a fan

-Get "Unknown Pleasures" & "Closer" on physical formats

-Download the tracks that aren't included on those from the compilations

-Buy the "Heart & Soul" boxed set if you're a fan

i'm still wanting to get my hands on the In Memory box set

:(

yeah, just start with 'Unknown Pleasures' then 'Closer' and also check 'Movement' by New Order....

Ian Curtis died leaving a bunch of material that was recorded on 'Movement'....

if you love all of this, get the 'Heart and Soul' box set

id def recommend Unknown Pleasures and then Substance comp

I always knew a few songs and liked them ,but I never really got way into them until I saw a doc called Joy Division: Control i think?

but yeah. that opened my eyes to them.

this band is more a fashion statement than anything else. someone had to say it. i really don't think the music is very good in the least.

their aesthetic and imagery was way cool, and the whole depressed fucking misery bleak outlook was kind of cool, but the music seriously was pretty bad. maybe i'm missing something, but i genuinely think the music is pretty fucking abysmally bad, and i don't say that about much music at all. linkin park at least can play their instruments and sing properly.

joy division - i dunno.

though unknown pleasures is about 10 times the better album than closer.

Guest Z_B_Z

linkin park at least can play their instruments and sing properly.

joy division started as a straight up punk band. these are not requirements in punk.

and ian curtis was a genuinely good writer. his lyrics were incredibly bleak but that guy meant every word with his entire being, and thats all you can really ask from an artist.

Guest Lube Saibot

Yo vamos!

:facepalm: MAAAAAANNNNNN you're a cunt. MAAAAAAN. Wow. WOW what a douche. Wow.

*rubs temples*

Go away fag.

this band is more a fashion statement than anything else. someone had to say it. i really don't think the music is very good in the least.

their aesthetic and imagery was way cool, and the whole depressed fucking misery bleak outlook was kind of cool, but the music seriously was pretty bad. maybe i'm missing something, but i genuinely think the music is pretty fucking abysmally bad, and i don't say that about much music at all. linkin park at least can play their instruments and sing properly.

joy division - i dunno.

though unknown pleasures is about 10 times the better album than closer.

But didnt you read the disclaimer on the record before listening?

Warning:

If you dont like this music

Shut up.

Am I seriously the only one here who likes Closer much more, except for the song She's Lost Control?

Archived