IGNORED

Joy Division

jules

Guest Z_B_Z

I've always thought closer was the better of the two official albums. Some bizarre production techniques on that one

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Z_B_Z

It's also worth noting that live this band was a different beast entirely. Much more agressive. Curtis especially has a really disturbing intensity on some of the live stuff that I've heard

My sweet little whorish Nora I did as you told me, you dirty little girl, and pulled myself off twice when I read your letter. I am delighted to see that you do like being fucked arseways. Yes, now I can remember that night when I fucked you for so long backwards. It was the dirtiest fucking I ever gave you, darling. My prick was stuck in you for hours, fucking in and out under your upturned rump. I felt your fat sweaty buttocks under my belly and saw your flushed face and mad eyes. At every fuck I gave you your shameless tongue came bursting out through your lips and if a gave you a bigger stronger fuck than usual, fat dirty farts came spluttering out of your backside. You had an arse full of farts that night, darling, and I fucked them out of you, big fat fellows, long windy ones, quick little merry cracks and a lot of tiny little naughty farties ending in a long gush from your hole. It is wonderful to fuck a farting woman when every fuck drives one out of her. I think I would know Nora's fart anywhere. I think I could pick hers out in a roomful of farting women. It is a rather girlish noise not like the wet windy fart which I imagine fat wives have. It is sudden and dry and dirty like what a bold girl would let off in fun in a school dormitory at night. I hope Nora will let off no end of her farts in my face so that I may know their smell also.

lube if you won't stop following me around saying mean shit to me after all i've done to try and get you to shut the fuck up (you're an insecure bully at heart) you faggot

Guest Z_B_Z

I've always thought closer was the better of the two official albums. Some bizarre production techniques on that one

"Spritzing" a can of deodorant on 2 and 4 for the snare. I think there was more than that though--some real musique concrete elements going into their sound. I posit that when New Order finally got their hands on the emerging technology, they really went apeshit ("Confusion" "Blue Monday")so that impulse was there already.

Also martin hanett rerecording the entire finished album as it played through the studio speakers, giving the entire thing a weird reverby feel

Guest Lube Saibot

My sweet little whorish Nora I did as you told me, you dirty little girl, and pulled myself off twice when I read your letter. I am delighted to see that you do like being fucked arseways. Yes, now I can remember that night when I fucked you for so long backwards. It was the dirtiest fucking I ever gave you, darling. My prick was stuck in you for hours, fucking in and out under your upturned rump. I felt your fat sweaty buttocks under my belly and saw your flushed face and mad eyes. At every fuck I gave you your shameless tongue came bursting out through your lips and if a gave you a bigger stronger fuck than usual, fat dirty farts came spluttering out of your backside. You had an arse full of farts that night, darling, and I fucked them out of you, big fat fellows, long windy ones, quick little merry cracks and a lot of tiny little naughty farties ending in a long gush from your hole. It is wonderful to fuck a farting woman when every fuck drives one out of her. I think I would know Nora's fart anywhere. I think I could pick hers out in a roomful of farting women. It is a rather girlish noise not like the wet windy fart which I imagine fat wives have. It is sudden and dry and dirty like what a bold girl would let off in fun in a school dormitory at night. I hope Nora will let off no end of her farts in my face so that I may know their smell also.

lube if you won't stop following me around saying mean shit to me after all i've done to try and get you to shut the fuck up (you're an insecure bully at heart) you faggot

I'm sure the humor of you saying "you're a bully" will escape you forever. But no prob, i suits me. Also i might become less inclined to fuck with you if:

1) you GTFO. seriously. there's so many forums full of of faggy opinionated little wannabes, you'd fit right in and be able to blissfully circlejerk into each other's mouths while agreeing to everything each of you says and getting signed to a record company to put out your vinyl (tee-hee). go to dubstepforum.com and say that dubstep is horrible and then try to make dubstep and fail and then, having failed, reinforce your initial boast that dubstep is horrible so you save face, you fucking baby. see how fast you get the boot.

2) you get a clue. what might seem to you as following you around, is really just the fact that 9 times out of 10, i will be enjoying a thread, agreeing with one stance, considering the other etc. and then comes vamos with 2-3 of the unimaginably asinine consecutive posts which are effectively flamebaiting: "yes i like this, but i can't just like it, i must say how it's better than everything else, and i think my music kinda sounds like this so here's a link! " or "i don't like this because [insert pretentious reason here] and Aphex and Autechre [more pretentiousness] Warp Records [cocksucking] i'm gonna get signed, OH HAI GUYZE HERE'S MAH MUSIC". in this particular case, to see that a fucking dilettante of your caliber would shit-talk a band for their simplicty? Really? i mean yeah anybody can play that stuff but THEY DIDN'T WRITE IT, did they? and you especially, you little shit, considering your awful little fucking musical doodles and the random way you appreciate music by the way the fucking Pitchfork reviews sway... well then all i can say is that i bet there's a special little hell for people like you. And i wonder how your shitty little mind processes the fact that AN IDMZ COMPLEXZOR SIGNED TO WARP ARTIST THAT IS GOOD BECAUSE HE ARE FAST AND TECHNICOCK squarepusher likes joy division enough to make a cover song. Or maybe you think he was ironic, you fucking hipster.

3. it might be less entertaining to rub shit in your gums where it not almost always followed by this fixed posting scheme: first, you get IRL angry like a 10yo fag with his balls yet undropped and do a combative kneejerk post that doesn't make sense (i'm not even a pseudo-fag... so i'm not even almost a fag? oh, cool thanks man, but i already knew i was straight from thinking about girls when i fuck your dad); second, as it becomes painfully obvious that what is said actually got you you get all self-aware and self-referential, becuase your internal monologue is something you should never keep to yourself, now innit?; finally, enough time passes that you're not IRL angry anymore and have become barely coherent - however, you're still epically butthurt because you're a sensitive little flower, so you take your time and try an elaborate "so IDM" comeback, but it being so forced and drawn-out it just comes out silly.

That'll do pig, that'll do.

I'm sure the humor of you saying "you're a bully" will escape you forever. But no prob, i suits me. Also i might become less inclined to fuck with you if:

1) you GTFO. seriously. there's so many forums full of of faggy opinionated little wannabes, you'd fit right in and be able to blissfully circlejerk into each other's mouths while agreeing to everything each of you says and getting signed to a record company to put out your vinyl (tee-hee). go to dubstepforum.com and say that dubstep is horrible and then try to make dubstep and fail and then, having failed, reinforce your initial boast that dubstep is horrible so you save face, you fucking baby. see how fast you get the boot.

2) you get a clue. what might seem to you as following you around, is really just the fact that 9 times out of 10, i will be enjoying a thread, agreeing with one stance, considering the other etc. and then comes vamos with 2-3 of the unimaginably asinine consecutive posts which are effectively flamebaiting: "yes i like this, but i can't just like it, i must say how it's better than everything else, and i think my music kinda sounds like this so here's a link! " or "i don't like this because [insert pretentious reason here] and Aphex and Autechre [more pretentiousness] Warp Records [cocksucking] i'm gonna get signed, OH HAI GUYZE HERE'S MAH MUSIC". in this particular case, to see that a fucking dilettante of your caliber would shit-talk a band for their simplicty? Really? i mean yeah anybody can play that stuff but THEY DIDN'T WRITE IT, did they? and you especially, you little shit, considering your awful little fucking musical doodles and the random way you appreciate music by the way the fucking Pitchfork reviews sway... well then all i can say is that i bet there's a special little hell for people like you. And i wonder how your shitty little mind processes the fact that AN IDMZ COMPLEXZOR SIGNED TO WARP ARTIST THAT IS GOOD BECAUSE HE ARE FAST AND TECHNICOCK squarepusher likes joy division enough to make a cover song. Or maybe you think he was ironic, you fucking hipster.

3. it might be less entertaining to rub shit in your gums where it not almost always followed by this fixed posting scheme: first, you get IRL angry like a 10yo fag with his balls yet undropped and do a combative kneejerk post that doesn't make sense (i'm not even a pseudo-fag... so i'm not even almost a fag? oh, cool thanks man, but i already knew i was straight from thinking about girls when i fuck your dad); second, as it becomes painfully obvious that what is said actually got you you get all self-aware and self-referential, becuase your internal monologue is something you should never keep to yourself, now innit?; finally, enough time passes that you're not IRL angry anymore and have become barely coherent - however, you're still epically butthurt because you're a sensitive little flower, so you take your time and try an elaborate "so IDM" comeback, but it being so forced and drawn-out it just comes out silly.

That'll do pig, that'll do.

edit. my bad!

control was a good movie. the girl he cheats on his wife with was just swell.

ok so i got unknown pleasure. i am pleasantly surprised. it's definitely pretty good. parts of it remind me of the doors? (ducks) but no, its good, and i can hear lots of current bands influenced by this

Not a fan of their actual albums, they never flowed correctly or felt consistent to me, their live shows however, did. The ones I know of are

Live Radio Shows

Preston 28 February 1980

Live at Les Bains Douches - 18 Dec 1979

Live at the Factory, Hulme

Still

All of their output has been Remastered of late with bonus Live Albums to go with them.

Track down those versions. Cleans up some of the muddy from the original CD pressings...

• 4 weeks later...

so i have been listening to unknown pleasures since this thread and i must say, i like it a whole lot. i just got closer yesterday, so i am about to start that soon.

Guest username7410

Start with the most recent "Best of..." release. It's where I started. I listened to it probably ten times over in 2-3 days, bought everything else soon afterward. Incredible music!

If you want to just jump right in you could also go with the Heart & Soul 4CD Box Set... it has almost everything officially released from them along with some rarities.

Guest Renivatio

I remember I started with hearing "Love Will Tear Us Apart" in an old 80s mixtape my mother made in her adolescence. i remember digging joy division and their albums since. :emotawesomepm9:

• 4 years later...

Archived