IGNORED

Boardwalk Empire

chenGOD

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hbo recently has been kind of a disappointment. The new episode of Eastbound was extremely underwhelming, seems like a gimmick that can't possibly last an entire season. Boardwalk Empire's first episode seemed really paint by numbers, im surprised Scorsese would do something this cliche at this point in his career. i love how all the marketing campaigns for Bored to Death revolve around people getting high (especially tedd danson) oh Hbo you guys and your* over stretched attempts at edginess

Guest disparaissant

yeah that definitely bothers me about the promos because while some of the best scenes involve people getting high (galifiniakis and danson in the car!) it's kind of a minor thing.

Hbo recently has been kind of a disappointment. The new episode of Eastbound was extremely underwhelming, seems like a gimmick that can't possibly last an entire season. Boardwalk Empire's first episode seemed really paint by numbers, im surprised Scorsese would do something this cliche at this point in his career. i love how all the marketing campaigns for Bored to Death revolve around people getting high (especially tedd danson) oh Hbo you guys and your* over stretched attempts at edginess

Yeah, I was hoping Eastbound would have the same cast. That's really what made the show as good as it was.

Andrew Daly especially i really miss, he is an underrated actor. Definitely the most talented dude to come out of the MAd TV rinse cycle. He's also one of the best improvisors that i've ever seen do comedy. He did UCB twice that i saw and he knocked it out of the park both times totally overshadowing Amy Poehler and the rest of the UCB cast.

Guest Deep Fried Everything

really, what skits or episodes of UCB was andrew daly a part of? i don't ever recall seeing him, unless you're talking about something other than the tv series.

and bored to death, really? i tried to watch 2 episodes and just felt like slapping someone afterwards. i guess diff'rent strokes.

Andrew Daily is a regular player in the live UCB theatre. I saw him once in NY at the original theatre with Seth Meyers, Rob Riggle, Amy Poehler, the weird southern guy from 30 rock and the normal looking guy in Human Giant. It was pretty epic. It was before most of the people in it were famous (besides the ones on the SNL cast at the time), The theatre is ultra small, very low ceilings, extremely intimate. The 2nd time he performed with Tim Meadows, Any Richter, Matt Besser at a touring UCB show in san francisco.

what are the thoughts on the board for the casting of the show? it seems problematic. The leo look alike is especially strange, like did Scorsesee purposefully look for a surrogate since he would be unaffordable?

stevie janowski i'm going to miss also, although i have a feeling he might make a cameo since Kenny has been stealing his identify in mexico this whole time

Guest futuregirlfriend

bored to death

cheers for recommending this way back. i wasn't so sure when you showed me the clip on the 'tubes, but i zipped through s01 last week and enjoyed it a lot, then schapowww i noticed someone had uploaded s02e01 this morning.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

Yeh the Bored To Death S2 premiere was definitely fun. Not as fun as Eastbound and Down's premiere though for me.

I think Boardwalk shows a lot of promise, I liked the second Ep., fuck those opening Chicago shots were fucking cinematic, this show has a lot of room to grow. This second episode was intentionally supposed to be a bit more slow paced character driven to get you settled in. I guarantee there is going to be some crazy shit happening as the season progresses.

I have to agree with most of this IGN review

http://tv.ign.com/articles/112/1123642p1.html Boardwalk Empire S1E2 Review

I had hopes after the first episode of Boardwalk Empire (although the look of Atlantic City really disappointed, so clean, very hard to lose yourself in the scenery), but episode 2 was quite mediocre (although the bell ringing scene was pretty fucking hilarious). Haven't watched Episode 3 yet...hope it improves. Doesn't look like Scorcese is directing anymore episodes though, so it's probably gonna be a crapshoot.

On a side note, it would be really interesting to give Scorcese a series, love to see what he could do with characters over a full 12 episode run.

Guest Mirezzi

this show is terrible. and bored to death is fucking awful, what are you talking about mirezzi?

I watched literally two minutes of it, dickhead. Give me a break, my hatred isn't that quick to the draw at times.

I'm totally disillusioned with HBO. True Blood is one of the worst shows on television and Boardwalk Empire is bad on so many levels that it's not worth describing.

AMC has a lot of momentum and I think it's awesome. This season of Mad Men has been stellar.

Guest disparaissant

was bored, decided to watch eps 3 and 4

i think im gonna have to keep watching this show because of michael k. williams. aka omar from the wire. aka chalky.

well... i ain't makin' no bookcase.

I wanna watch it but I'm in fucking England so I will be lying on the floor, covered in piss and biscuits dribbling into a pair on used incontinence pants before it is shown over here.

Archived