IGNORED

Boardwalk Empire

chenGOD

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

Boardwalk Empire still feels like quality entertainment to me. I understand that Mad Men might be more commendable or something but I find Boardwalk much more interesting out the gate. I had to rapid fire slap myself to get through half of the first season of Mad Men. Boardwalk doesn't bore me and I personally think the cinematography has been consistently beautiful Scorcese or not.

Bored To Death is a really fun show and it's been really good this season so far. It took me like 4 episodes to get invested in it though but unlike Mad Men it never bored me. I dunno, opinions are like assholes..

tonight's was a winner through and through.

with this episode i finally realized that i care about these characters.

also the FBI bust scene was a great reward. all around a very cathartic end to the first few episodes.

This season of Mad Men

july_1_snooze.jpg

lol

Guest disparaissant

bored to death just gets better and better, john hodgman was hilarious in the last episode (i've never done anything harder than a vodka gimlet!) and that scene with ted danson's little victory speech about not having to go to rehab was actually pretty touching.

Newest Boardwalk was soo fucking quality, wow... So amazingly well done IMHO Anyone who doubted this show was quite wrong.

The new Bored To Death had some good moments.

Newest Boardwalk was soo fucking quality, wow... So amazingly well done IMHO Anyone who doubted this show was quite wrong.

The new Bored To Death had some good moments.

ooh sounds good, last weeks was excellent so will have to download tonights and give it a whirl!

Guest fiznuthian

last episode was definitely better!

i can see this show taking off from here..

when they made a deal with the greeks was great, totally saw it coming when the girl was different.

the agent is getting out of control, i had no idea he was going to turn out so weird.

i had a feeling the agent was a wacko. still, he rules. i wanted to see him make a man of himself though. maybe he will.

buscemi is great, don't get me wrong, but i've started to notice the way he talks is the same every time. if you pay attention you'll notice he nods his head at the end of every sentence and keeps that weird ass face. i wish i hadn't looked.

jimmy is turning out to be fucking awesome

the last episode is still my favorite of the bunch, but the takeover in this one was badass and a bit disturbing

I loved everything about the newest episode. I don't know Buscemi's character might be a slightly one dimensional personality but I think its fitting and it works. I haven't been annoyed with how that character has been betrayed at all besides being pissed that he gonna do that Irish mom like that. Jimmy is indeed a bad ass character, too bad Capone is probably going stab him the back with a Thompson.

AMAZING SHOW

(Not just saying that because it's got so many beautiful naked tits in nearly every episode)

Well tonight's episode was so-so, but fucking Richard Harrow is awesome...however, his mannerisms, especially his vocal "hmm" really remind me of some other actor...

I'm still not sold on nucky thompson...I wish Buscemi would bring a little more depth to the character...he never seems to feel anything.

Guest Mirezzi

Well tonight's episode was so-so, but fucking Richard Harrow is awesome...however, his mannerisms, especially his vocal "hmm" really remind me of some other actor...

I'm still not sold on nucky thompson...I wish Buscemi would bring a little more depth to the character...he never seems to feel anything.

This episode, despite their belabored attempts to give the show some video game appeal via Richard Harrow, was really fucking boring. The longer this show goes on, the more it feels like a parade of gangster movie cliches.

Buscemi doesn't work for me at all. I get the feeling he's too smart to bother with it. "This show is shit. Good paycheck, but shit."

• 2 weeks later...

I really enjoyed the last episode...kind of felt like Buscemi really put a little bit of effort into the character for a change. The story moved along nicely too, I really wonder what Jimmy is gonna do about Agent Freaky-Deaky.

• 4 weeks later...

That's how Nucky is supposed to be, their have been numerous times where characters have stated completely directly and indirectly that Thompson is an emotionless calculated machine that never shows all his cards.

Guest disparaissant

i think half the characters on the show told him that pretty directly over the last two episodes.

greaaaat finale. what data said, first episode was pretty good, then it went downhill, then it turned fantastic.

I think the quality stayed pretty consistent the entire season. There might have been quite a few slow points but I enjoyed them thoroughly.

haha yeah I think they realized that they had quite a bit of titties in like 7 episodes in a row or so and thought that people might think less of them for it or something?

I'm sure the actresses would be like again?? I really gotta flaunt my gorgeous titties again?? for no good reason to the story?

Hopefully this means they backed off so they will easily be able to get away with getting a lot more booby action in the next season.

Guest Mirezzi

I agree with the chronology mentioned above, although I think I would amend it to say:

Boardwalk Empire went from mediocre to horrible to pretty damned promising all within one season. The last few episodes, particularly the development of Dormady, Nucky, and Agent Van Alden, really justified the show's existence.

The baptism scene alone made this season worth it for me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

is this show like mad men cuz mad men is the most boring bull crap on tv and if its i dont wanna watch it

i watched all of mad men btw so dont tell to watch more

Archived