IGNORED

Any news on Murcof - Océano?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest happycase

I was cooking and listening to Utopia on my earbuds today and thought, damn I think chicks would have a go at this at night or something, lights out whatnot, maybe a bit smoked up, but really unnecessary entirely, it's just beautiful stuff.

I couldn't really get into Cosmos, still trying but it didn't seem to have the impact of Remembranza

It's one of those albums that needs to heard under certain conditions. I didn't like it at first either but after I saw him perform the album "live" (lol) at the planetarium in Berlin it changed my view on the album. Also our star system that projected onto the ceiling of the planetarium and apart from that we were sitting in complete darkness.

But there are lot of horrible elements in some of the tracks though but I've edited out the worst parts of Cuerpo Celeste and Oort.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hmm, after a first listen I was rather disappointed. Too minimal for me. Maybe a grower, will give it further tries. Sometimes reminded me of the old Sweet Exorcist stuff.

I didn't like it at first either but after I saw him perform the album "live" (lol) at the planetarium in Berlin it changed my view on the album. Also our star system that projected onto the ceiling of the planetarium and apart from that we were sitting in complete darkness.

wow... seeing murcof at a planetarium must be crazy. wish i was there. i saw him once at berghain it was a very nice and deep performance. he seems like a very sad and serious man.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

People ask whats the deal with Cosmos I/II.

Cosmos I @ 6:50+ is just... the resolution for mankind, everything, more of everything and everything else. Same as in Urano@7:40.

No questions are left.

• 1 year later...

Sooooooooo ...................................... ? :huh:

I'm on a total Martes trip at the moment, as I was seven years ago when I was in Spain, and I honestly think it is one of my top albums of all time... Murcof has been moving away from what I love about Martes more and more with each release, unfortunately, but then I recall that Océano is/was supposed to be going back to the glitchy bleepy minimal stuff and that would simply be pure bliss for he is a very talented man, so ... is this still a thing or should I stop expecting it altogether?!!

Who would have thought new BoC would happen before Océano ...

Archived