IGNORED

Any news on Murcof - Océano?

The further Murcof moves towards orchestral stuff the less interesting it sounds to me. Remembranza and Martes are shit hot because of the way he blended the two. Cosmos is good, but not memorable IMO. I saw a live AV show with Cosmos stuff and it was incredible, but that's the only context it worked in.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cosmos is my favourite, the two title tracks and Oort are so engulfing... although I love Remembranza almost as much. I didn't hear Martes until last, and I found the sounds a bit flat / dry in comparison to Remembranza, which was a shame as I'd probably really dig if I heard it first...

• 10 months later...

It's now 2015. But pretty much enjoying Cosmos and the Truffaz collab album. But still.

Oceano = An Ocean of waiting?

• 3 years later...

Just stumbled across this interview from 18 months ago. Looks like it's not been abandoned, at least:

Paranoid: Martes, Ulises, Remembranza, Cosmos.. Océano?

Fernando Corona: Haha, it happened that I got so much into collaborative projects that I left my side project a bit alone. There are a lot of sketches and vignettes, now after moving I’d like to focus on this project a bit more.

Paranoid: And then the F.

Fernando Corona: Exactly.

Archived