IGNORED

Gymnopédies

posture

22 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the 3 Gymnopédies do you enjoy most?

• Gymnopédie No.1
    • Gymnopédie No.2
    • Gymnopédie No.3

Really nice. Thanks for sharing, only listened to a little bit of Mixmaster E Satie prev

Sounds like Rezzo listened to these a fair bit before/during writing the Fragile...

O wait it was just this: Astrology: Trent REZNOR, born 1965/05/17, Astrology: Erik SATIE, born 1866/05/17. Google you crazy cat.

• 4 years later...

Bump

These 3 tracks are just literally perfect. There's no note I don't agree with, I love every single second of it, magical. Cheers.

And that surrealist art in the youtube links fits perfectly, love it

Huge Satie fan, and I'd say I prefer Gymnopédie 1, as it was my introduction to his music. From all the interpretations I've listened to, Entremont and Varsano's are my fav ones.

I have those Debussy orchestrations of 1 and 3 (like come on dude you could have just finished the job?) and they are pretty great but I'm not really liking just that one recording I have. I've heard others that were better. It's Cleveland Orchestra conducted by Louis Lane. something missing there.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived