IGNORED

How many records has he sold?

Guest ruiagnelo

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i remember that mikep posted on the old planet-µ forum some numbers of records sold. don't remember it was specifically RDJs, but it gave an indication on how much IDMz sells. this was however many years ago.

Guest ruiagnelo

I think Come To Daddy sold 300k.

Really?! 300000 is a lot. Seems hard to believe an electronic music ep can sold that much.

Guest dilbthelame

he used to give away free gifts wit some EP's so they couldn't be counted in the charts

keeping an underground persona or tax scam you decide either way RDJ has made a ton of cash over the years

there was something i read that he deleted Windowlicker after about 3 days of it being on sale, because otherwise it was going to no.1 ... i'd guess underground persona rather than taxscammage

of course, this may be bollocks.

Guest Rabid

Yeah I heard the same thing, about him allegedly pulling it off the charts. I'm not sure if it was windowlicker or come to daddy.

I know that SAWII has sold over 100,000 copies, and that was a few years back. I saw somewhere the numbers for some of Aphex's record sales a while ago, but that is the only one I can remember.

He's sold over a million records for sure, which is incredible considering that many artists that produce similar music will sell only the 500-1000 original copies of any album that gets printed. Record sales aren't in the 3 digits for everyone that isn't Aphex, though. Snares' Rossz has sold over 25,000 copies, for example.

Guest AcrossCanyons

i can assure you he is loaded. (im a regular at his house. our families get together sometimes for brunch)

• 4 years later...

I wonder about this too, he must have made tons from remixes and live shows. Didn't he say that the Analord series made a loss (before digital anyway) and he hardly made much from The Tuss?

It says on Syro that he got fifty percent of the royalties but he was hardly getting that the whole way through the nineties. He clearly has enough money to give away one hundred and sixty old tracks that people would have jumped at the chance to pay for, and to afford all those robots. He must be minted but I don't really understand how. It's not that I think he couldn't make a living from his music, it's the fact that he can go thirteen years without a huge release and still be able to afford all that gear and robots and raise two children.

Archived