IGNORED

How many records has he sold?

Guest ruiagnelo

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's also been making money from previous releases for many years. just one dedicated fan would spend plenty on his stuff. Ask yourself how much you spent on his stuff pre-syro.

He's also been making money from previous releases for many years. just one dedicated fan would spend plenty on his stuff. Ask yourself how much you spent on his stuff pre-syro.

If you're a vinyl freak, then hardly anything will have gone to him since you'll likely be buying on the second hand market.

£325 for Analord complete set, all of which went to the NorthernFusion :beer:

Yeah I read in an interview posted on here he was collecting royalties in the mid 90s from top 40 pop tunes or something like that. Advertisements, anonymous commercial work it seems. Thats where the money probably is, not to mention his super successful personal work. It is somewhat speculation though.

...I'm still waiting to learn which pop songs he wrote :cool:

Most of his dollar nowadays is probably left over from the 90s. I know he mentioned that he was a multi-millionaire sometime around the Windowlicker release. I can't imagine Drukqs was a commercial success but he's probably made a fair bit since then for gigs and dj sets.

Syro must be one of his best selling releases already.

Wasn't his music (and a lot of other Warp) used a lot in UK TV? Like BBC and such

For sure. BBC use a lot of his older stuff in progs. Channel 4 used a CCAI track on a recent advert of their lineup.

Most of his dollar nowadays is probably left over from the 90s. I know he mentioned that he was a multi-millionaire sometime around the Windowlicker release. I can't imagine Drukqs was a commercial success but he's probably made a fair bit since then for gigs and dj sets.

Syro must be one of his best selling releases already.

He probably makes most of his money with concerts, like Taylor Swift & cie.

i heard he sold over 9000 but i could be wrong, i saw that figure of over 9000 a few years back but i could be mistaken

if not 9000 maybe 12000, again maybe this is false memory but i remember vividly the number 9000 and aphex twin in the same sentence

It's over 9000!!! </dbz>

He probably makes most of his money from licensing to BBC, etc, no?

Consider his music is pretty much timeless, it's not forged by fashion, so it's appeal doesn't quickly fade. So I presume sales will continue for decades.

Consider his music is pretty much timeless, it's not forged by fashion, so it's appeal doesn't quickly fade. So I presume sales will continue for decades.

yeah I figure SAW 85-92 sales and royalties alone would keep him and his family living pretty well for the rest of their lives, presuming his family inherit the music rights.

does he do any of the selling himself? pretty sure he has help with the distribution.

yeah, Barry drives around with some of the cassettes and records in the boot of his car.

Tell me if I'm wrong, but I don't think he would have won the Grammy if he didn't outsell the competition. Isn't Billboard basically just honoring record sales, at the end of the day?

Archived