Guest Greg Reason

^^^^^^^^^

cheers for that.

Private collectors buying up certain items is one thing, but you'd think somewhere like the British Library could do a lot with archiving some of this material. Such a talented group/act and i spent a fair wack on picking up their releases down thru the years. A quick aside - whatever your views on TPS selling bits, his Leporre Extrusion is in the very best tradition of Coil releases.

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting. The Remote Viewer is one of my favorite Coil releases. Out of what all I've heard anyway; there's still a lot for me to check out. I'd love to hear these extra tracks!

Difficult to find any info because it was already reissued with a bonus disc including tracks 4 and 5, which is the copy I have. Surely this is real though?

the entire collection of projection vids (<--superb!) & tunes that Coil used on their Colour Sound Oblivion box-set (CSO 15&16) is available to download on archive.org via CC-licensing

very generous of you, Mr Christopherson

the entire collection of projection vids (<--superb!) & tunes that Coil used on their Colour Sound Oblivion box-set (CSO 15&16) is available to download on archive.org via CC-licensing

very generous of you, Mr Christopherson

wicked!

• 2 weeks later...

anybody think its weird that Coil has a bunch of unreleased albums and outtake records that the curator of Brainwashed is allegedly planning to sell (especially in light of the RDJ soundcloud dump). After the dump the dude's plan seems more ludicrous and unethical than it did to me previously (and i already thought it was odd), but then again if Peter's wishes were to make this guy the authority after they passed on, then granting their wishes should be the primary thing. I just don't like or trust Jon at all.

Edited by John Ehrlichman

anybody think its weird that Coil has a bunch of unreleased albums and outtake records that the curator of Brainwashed is allegedly planning to sell (especially in light of the RDJ soundcloud dump). After the dump the dude's plan seems more ludicrous and unethical than it did to me previously (and i already thought it was odd), but then again if Peter's wishes were to make this guy the authority after they passed on, then granting their wishes should be the primary thing. I just don't like or trust Jon at all.

No idea what contracts exist other than the aforementioned agreement and i'm certainly no legal expert in unpicking licensing/publishing).

The nagging aspect is that it seemed Christopherson was planning some uber-mega-dvd of sounds that may have included the likes of Remote Viewing 8 et al (the subject popped up in interviews building up to and after the CSO box-set). What an almighty beast of creation that could've been, but unfortunately we'll never really know. Been in the museum trade a while myself and just to get an actual archive up n running of what might be out there would be some task (but cracking curatorial fun). Ex-members &/or relations might throw some light on the subject.......

i just hope if anything does get out that its not done under sketchy circumstances. Such a legacy deserves an appropriate level of respect.

as various scholarships In Peter's name have already been set up -

why not release EVERYTHING possible, profits to cover production & (reasonable) costs with additional money from the sale of the finished product going directly to The SET Foundation, a charity based in Thailand helping underprivileged children get an education from primary school all the way to graduating university - http://www.thaistudentcharity.org - just as Mr. P. Christopherson would of wished. Simples. Amen.

I've barely scratched the surface of Coil's work but I adore what I've heard. Astral Disaster is probably one of my favourite albums by them, but I need to explore more.

I agree with some of the sentiment people here have of buying Coil stuff after Peter and Johnn's deaths. I'd love to own some of this stuff but just feel like I'm lining the pockets of some collector, no thanks. I guess that's what results in the paradox of being successfully esoteric or "industrial", if that makes sense?

Re: Unofficial Bootleg BONUS CD#3

Any info please on this item to cement the provenance of these tracks?

"The master comes from the Coil archive, contains remixes and extra material from the second session of the re-release of this album made by Danny Hyde & Peter Christopherson. These tracks (30 minutes of music) where originally previously unreleased tracks and postponed to be released on the triple vinyl issue of the album, never released at the end." - text from eBay 2015

no idea,,,,,did the seller have a location?

might be worth trying to get some contact info for Danny Hyde to see if he could help

anything other than confirmation from an official source might lead to hearsay/misunderstanding, but as its named "unofficial bootleg" you'll probably end up chasing your own tail fella