Guest Greg Reason

I love ANS. Fucking beautiful album, which is lucky cause the creation of it was essentially random.

It's such a long release.. I've made it through the dvd a couple times but have yet to get through all 3 cds!

-edit- back to the IDM topic, nasa arab as well along with first dark ride..

Edited by TwiddleBot

that track from musick to play in the dark from youtube is such an awesome straight up Tangerine Dream homage. Coil was brining back kraut rock before it was cool!

Edited by Awepittance

Guest Apeofnaples

this wouldnt fit with the mix but i was thinking what a shame it was that they never did a proper recording of 'a slip in the marylebone road'. possibly one of their best live tracks. really just perfect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUiNqIWMb3M&feature=related

Excellent track! I just found this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ltvx0JKsxmY&feature=related

I like Alan Watts.

Guest Greg Reason

this wouldnt fit with the mix but i was thinking what a shame it was that they never did a proper recording of 'a slip in the marylebone road'. possibly one of their best live tracks. really just perfect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUiNqIWMb3M&feature=related

The entire record/concert of ...and the ambulance died in his arms is fuckin incredible. Really intense show and the giant version of Triple Sun is just immaculate.

Guest Greg Reason

For the WATMM Coil mix I'd add:

'Chaostrophy' from L.S.D. (those sound effects are like Quaristice style)

'Red Scratch' from pHILM

'Hysteron Proton Jewel' from Worship the Glitch

'Vanishing Point' from Unnatural History II (again, very Quaristice)

an edit of 'Strange Birds' from Musick to Play in the Dark

an edit from elph.zwolf...

and undoubtely some of 'Remote Viewing 4' from the Threshold House edition of The Remote Viewer

• 2 weeks later...
Guest carthief

I'd like to get into Coil, but don't know where to start.

I'm into industrial, beat-type music more than ambient right now...

Also, albums without vocals or with less vocals would be of more interest...

Scorn (Mick Harris) is one of my favorite musicians, so if there are any Coil albums somewhat similar...

also, awepittance, I owe you tremendously for getting me into Scorn and Mick Harris. I was reading a thread about moody hip-hop a few months ago and you recommended the Hednod Sessions...I didn't make the connection (that it was you, and this forum), until recently. Thank you. Scorn is basically what I would want my music to sound like if I made music.

Guest Greg Reason

You would want to have a listen to Love's Secret Domain, Stolen and Contaminated Songs and Gold is the Metal With the Broadest Shoulders before the rest of Coil's albums. These were from their more typically Industrial sounding era and feature a decent amount of instrumental tunes.

Coil did lots of instrumental stuff later on (Time Machines, Astral Disaster, The Remote Viewer etc) but they're more ambient in nature.

Don't know much of their stuff.. but Coil are/were/will always be awesome. Wish I had the money for CSO.

Guest Greg Reason

They sorta did a reprise to it in that Peter and Danny made another two parts after Jhonn passed away and added them on as a second disk in the Threshold House edition.

• 2 weeks later...

Remote Viewer is my favourite of what I've heard of them! Nice to see it getting some love. :emotawesomepm9:

Guest Z_B_Z

bad news for those waiting on cso

Hello

A brief update from Sleazy for everyone awaiting the despatch and arrival of the Colour Sound Oblivion boxset;

I don't know if you've been watching the TV news, but Thailand has been brought to a standstill by civil unrest and is currently under a curfew with no outgoing mail. Fortunately the Net is still working.

1446147520054.jpeg

I have posted news and more accurate delivery times to the www.thresholdhouse.com website. Basically many buildings and parts of the subway have been destroyed, unfortunately - The dvd factory is safe, thank God, but just closed for business.

1446147540054.jpeg

Sorry for the delay. I will get you it as soon as humanly possible.

best

peter christopherson/aka sleazy]

Guest Greg Reason

Yeah but I guess it's a fair enough reason for delay :emotawesomepm9:

I've waited so long already that a few extra months is no biggie.

• 1 month later...
Guest Apeofnaples

I'd get one but I know I'd watch only one or two dvds and leave it at that, besides I think it's sold out, right? Listening to Soisong album right now, incredible! Would make the perfect soundtrack to an underground post apocalyptic burlesque android tavern.

Guest Greg Reason

SoiSong's album is wonderful isn't it, I can't wait for the next two (the solo records Pete and Ivan are doing that will both be titled SoiSong). The only thing I'm not so keen on is the goofy sounding piano tune but even that is enjoyable once you get over the repetitive carnival sounding main line.

Colour Sound Oblivion isn't sold out, but you can't get the fancy pre-order version anymore. Sleaz says the standard version will be available for purchase in around a week and will have the same box and DVDs but less intense packaging on the inside.