IGNORED

The Walking Dead - AMC TV Series (spoilers everywhere)

Rubin Farr

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...

:cisfor: lol

I am very much looking forward to this as well.

:cerious:

Guest GrandPopPoplock

Dead Set

Edit: Sadly , I haven't seen it yet .

Edited by GrandPopPoplock

hate to be a buzzkill but it's only 6 episodes.

Depending on the reception, I can imagine that something like this could easily be green lit for extended production if it goes well. The comic series is long enough. But I would imagine that it could do just fine with 6 episodes (like Dead Set). I love zombies, but I can only take so much.

hate to be a buzzkill but it's only 6 episodes.

good, then they won't have to turn it into a soapy, for lack of material/budget. With just enough zombie to keep the dorklords fed and watered.

Edited by delet...

well there's certainly not a lack of material. there's something like 72 issues of the comics, and what I've read so far has been fucking amazing. if this is even moderately successful, I would imagine there would be a second season. its just the buzzkill is we'll only get 6 episodes before having to wait for that 2nd season, seemingly.

don't mean to be a nitpicker but i was very interested in this series until i found out it was based on a comic book that starts off with a total rip of 28 days later ie: guy wakes up in a hospital doesnt know whats going on, zombie apocalypse already started without him. i wish people just made new original stuff these days instead of comic adaptations. :shuriken:

i didn't say the entire thing was but clearly the opening or beginning of the series is directly based of 28 days later, unless there is another zombie thing proceeding where someone wakes up from a coma in a hospital?

the day of the triffids opens the exact same way. that book came out sixty years ago. seems silly to dismiss something because it appropriates a common element from another work in the same genre. i mean you could basically just not watch any zombie movie since they all rely on the same conventions and this is what usually makes them work.

Edited by remy marathe