IGNORED

The Walking Dead - AMC TV Series (spoilers everywhere)

Rubin Farr

ahhh, after the first surprisingly decent episode we finally get the real turgid and tedious shittiness of walking dead we've all grown to love and missed a lot. the last scene felt a lot like something of out tim and eric's bedtime stories.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why is dumbass Bob carving x's into trees and crying?

i thought maybe he had a wound from the food shelter that he was concealing and had gone out to kill himself, or walk away before turning. just another character doing something that makes no sense.

Yea, I looked at that as an option at first, but then they pan into the slash in the tree. I assume they were alluding to him being the one Xing the trees for somebody, which he feels bad about & makes him all cry-e. But, to your point, that would fast track the cannibal story very quickly (as they will turn) & move on to another antagonist.

Edited by olo

ahhh, after the first surprisingly decent episode we finally get the real turgid and tedious shittiness of walking dead we've all grown to love and missed a lot. the last scene felt a lot like something of out tim and eric's bedtime stories.

lol totally. this show is something of an exercise in self-abuse.

lol totally. this show is something of an exercise in self-abuse.

But didn't you get all warm & fuzzy when this happened...

2014_TWD_S5_E2_TaraRickFistBump.gif

is this still going...

just played through the Telltale Walking Dead games.... was a lot better than this turd series, 10/10 game critique

Edited by Guest

this is a multimillion dollar franchise at this point. they can't hire writers to come up with something better than a having a guy leave the confines of a safe church, with his first meal in days, to go for a walk alone in the woods in the middle of the night during a zombie apocalypse?

it's fucking insulting

this is a multimillion dollar franchise at this point. they can't hire writers to come up with something better than a having a guy leave the confines of a safe church, with his first meal in days, to go for a walk alone in the woods in the middle of the night during a zombie apocalypse?

it's fucking insulting

word.

i still enjoy the show but they really gotta tighten shit up. with all the money they are making they can afford to up the quality quite a bit.

the bottle rocket & the dude walking out of the church into the woods at night really was sloppy.

lol.

Yeah. 24 hours and the newest episode hasn't even bumped the thread yet. Back to the shit.

Points to olo for the cannibal fast track. Which was fast tracked even further. I have to say, it was satisfying to see the leader get the shit slashed out of him. Die hipster scum.

the last one wasn't too bad actually, though i don't understand why they decided to spend about 2/3 of the time to dwell on the dying of the character no one cares about.

Maybe its actually important.

Maybe not.

Yolo?

i lost interest mid-way through last season when the prison was raided, quit watching. finally caught up in the past week, and i just have to say- when carol shot that one girl, that was pretty rough. to me those rare moments like that redeem the series a bit, for all the dumb nonsensical shit that people do or the magical zombies that appear out of nowhere, etc etc etc. i mean, for the simple fact of it being a pretty challenging kind of moment. someone shot a non-zombie little girl, but the show built up a pretty gruesome case that it had to be done. lots of people would say it wasn't the right thing to do but that's what's so great about it, it was a totally fucked up problem with no actual good answer to it, only a shitty answer that might let her and the dude and baby survive a little longer, and spare the girl from hurting/endangering others or a worse fate herself.

pretty intense shit. harkens back to that infamous barn scene with carols daughter in season 2, which honestly, totally surprised me and was pretty intense also

as dumb as the show is, those moments are at least pretty damn cool and itd be tough to deny that

Edited by MisterE

also on a more current point, i think the guy going outside was kind of explained by the fact that he had in fact been bit, which was why he started crying. but the question of who is putting those marks on the trees still remains (or did it show that and i missed it?). and is it just me or is it kinda dumb to bring back that guy rick met early on and had the encounter with later (the guy with the mask on)? just seems too unlikely that he'd not only still be alive but keeps bumping into rick. also im glad they didnt draw the cannibal thing out very long. they need to get away from the whole 'group of bad ppl out to get them' thing, its getting tedious

the last one wasn't too bad actually, though i don't understand why they decided to spend about 2/3 of the time to dwell on the dying of the character no one cares about.

Yolo?

It's the Walking Dead.

Yeah, it started to feel like filler. I felt bad for Sasha though.