IGNORED

Anodyne 'Close Your Eyes' (Autechre Remix)

psycho

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

are we at least gonna get the story as to why it's been delayed so long? :unsure:

Ok here goes. The first two test pressings came back not perfect to say the least,so we had to go and find someone else to cut it perfectly and then find another reputable pressing company to finish the job. This all took a considerable amount of time to sort and to say I'm relieved it's finally sorted is an understatement. As you can imagine this is the label's biggest release to date so it had to be spot on!

Hope that explains it? Apologies if anyone else who is wondering why it was delayed.

10 years of maufacturing cd's and we haven't had half the problems we've encountered with this 12" but vinyl's lovely and it's worth the pain (just)

K

are we at least gonna get the story as to why it's been delayed so long? :unsure:

Ok here goes. The first two test pressings came back not perfect to say the least,so we had to go and find someone else to cut it perfectly and then find another reputable pressing company to finish the job. This all took a considerable amount of time to sort and to say I'm relieved it's finally sorted is an understatement. As you can imagine this is the label's biggest release to date so it had to be spot on!

Hope that explains it? Apologies if anyone else who is wondering why it was delayed.

10 years of maufacturing cd's and we haven't had half the problems we've encountered with this 12" but vinyl's lovely and it's worth the pain (just)

K

yeah, that explains stuff perfectly. glad to hear that it's hopefully gonna finally come out. hadn't realised that it was your first vinyl release, so now i understand the delays. hopefully it's not left too bad a taste in your mouth.

No we've released 4 vinyl records but it was over 6 years ago and we didn't have any problems but the pressing plant finished up so we had to take a chance on a new place which as I said ended up being a mistake.

I hated the record for a while but after I got the third tp and it sounded animal I was back in the zone :)

Cheers Oscillik!

K

• 2 weeks later...

Were pleased to announce the Anodyne Remix 12" will be sent out by Bleep.com and Psychonavigation.com this week.

Thanks to everyone who bought the vinyl / digital.

Nice one!

Psychonavigation Records

Good to hear Chassis!

The latest 2 reviews just dropped :)

Taken from : http://www.normanrecords.com/records/118064

Finally after a couple of delays this remix EP is finally available and I'm pleased to report it has been well worth the wait. The first side is 'Corrosion' which has been bitten by The Black Dog which begins with a raw crunchy beat which dissolves into a straight up 4/4 floor mover with lots of dynamic futuristic sounds morphing around a tight framework of energetic techno rhythms. The original is mutated into a clever pure techno cut complete with effected bleeps, infectious groove and total work the pasties off yer waistline dance energy. Three quarters into the tune a big spacey synth kicks in with hi-hats and then a morphing euphroric gnarley bassline whips things up into maximum tension with celestial chords. This will have a crowd roaring out with yelps of pure joy, no question. A precsice and clever combination of sounds for brains and feet and will take thou effortlessly into thee bliss zone. It's not often you can flip a 12" from a Black Dog mix and drop the needle onto an Autechre mix but yes folks, this is indeed what we have here and the chaps are in ultra fine form, tastefully using the original track elements and doing a PROPER remix of 'Close Your Eyes' rather than just an AE track off the hard drive with a token sample chucked in. The score here is those comforting synth lines hovering over a majestic, tough and raw up tempo B-boy breakbeat that would have yours truly busting out my finest Welsh gymnastic techno shapes before any soundsystem that is clued up enough to drop this real gem. Autechre yet again display how dynamic they can be by abstaining on the abstract and furnishing the people with a serious party guarenteed floor rocker with maximum crunch and futurist soul. Our Finnish man and old deFocus / Kahvi Collective bod Lackluster throws in some tricky beat science for his take on '707' with melancholic synth motif, hyper itchy crunched up rhythms and all out IDM aceness the likes of which is rarely heard these days. Towards the end it gets totally slammin and will have that dancefloor sweating at your mercy. All three mixes here are super fine... A stellar cast of remixers delivering killer versions of tracks they clearly have an affinity with. Zero filler on here and thus a huge recommendation for IDM and techno heads!

-----------

Taken from : http://iheartau.com/reviews/anodyne-the-remixes-ep/

The Corrosion LP was the first official Anodyne release since his appearance on Skam’s Mask 500 compilation. This remix EP is a perfect complement to it, featuring a host of the producer’s heroes, who each take the originals’ components for a ramble through fun and furious territory. The result is a fantastic collection displaying some of the range of vocabulary possible within the field of upbeat electronic music. Black Dog use minor key noise blasts, Autechre bring ‘The Funky Drummer’ back to life, Lackluster chops out some novel stutter rhythms, Mick Chillage gets the jolly rave piano out, Mr Spring delivers hard electro, Anodyne goes full-on acid and Ed Devane delivers a high-tempo mash of fuzz beats. A tasty platter, best shared with friends. Barry Cullen

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

KEY TRACKS: ‘CLOSE YOUR EYES (CORPORATION STREET REMIX BY AUTECHRE)’, ‘WASTELAND (MR SPRING Z80 MIX)’, ‘HAZE (ED DEVANE REMIX)’.

FOR FANS OF: SKAM, GESCOM, AUTECHRE.

Guest Sprigg

I got my hopes up when there was a little flyer for an Ae + Anodyne gig in April. Then I realised it was last april and I had already been to that gig :trashbear:

Good gig though

At least you're in an area that is conducive to seeing them. :trashbear:

I got my hopes up when there was a little flyer for an Ae + Anodyne gig in April. Then I realised it was last april and I had already been to that gig :trashbear:

Good gig though

At least you're in an area that is conducive to seeing them. :trashbear:

Anodyne will play a few gigs yeah. But Ae was a rare occasion that was not to be missed.

But, yes, sucks to be an IDM fan in america.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...

Taken from : http://www.normanrecords.com/records/118064

Our Finnish man and old deFocus / Kahvi Collective bod Lackluster throws in some tricky beat science for his take on '707' with melancholic synth motif, hyper itchy crunched up rhythms and all out IDM aceness the likes of which is rarely heard these days. Towards the end it gets totally slammin and will have that dancefloor sweating at your mercy.

-----------

Taken from : http://iheartau.com/reviews/anodyne-the-remixes-ep/

Lackluster chops out some novel stutter rhythms,

Cute reviews / mentions. It was also chosen for the "Top 100 tracks of 2010" by Bleep - which was a-ma-zing.

Good memories.

Archived