IGNORED

Anodyne 'Close Your Eyes' (Autechre Remix)

psycho

Guest sirch

that doesn't sound like an ae remix AT ALL

wtfmate

if you had a high resolution WAV file, you'd be able to hear the autechre-ness in the synths

you're such a fan boy, oscillik..

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest sirch

The artist was keen to involve two of his own personal heroes Autechre & The Black Dog

lol, the current black dog are up for any remixes at all it seems. not to say that the anodyne release isn't any good tho.

but i wonder, does "the artist" prefer the original black dog or the current black (lol) dog ?

i would understand if he prefers the latter, as it's a lot easier to....

• 3 weeks later...

We have been told that by our distributors that the pre-orders of the anodyne remix 12" have reached 250 so I've deliberately kept 50 copies for sale through our own website.Be quick thou...

http://www.psychonavigation.com/corrosionrmx.html

There's always the digital version in case you miss the vinyl. Pre-ordering starts Aug 9th @ Bleep.com

http://bleep.com/index.php?page=release_details&releaseid=25856

Guest Billov

Will the remix EP be hitting the stores around dublin at all? I would order a copy, but I've been using my dads credit card profusely for the last 2 weeks...

i still need to buy the original album. maybe next time i get some money in, have spent a bit on vinyl lately.

shame that it didn't get a vinyl release though!

sounds a bit out of place after all we've been getting from the boys recently - the vocal bits are tasty - not much to bite into though

good to hear a bit of the old stylings - i guess there is a point at which everyone is limited by their own brilliance

The official release date for the Anodyne 12" EP is now September 13th

Vinyl buyers who purchase from Bleep.com will also get 3 x 320kbps MP3's of the Autechre,Black Dog & Lackluster remixes to play with :)

The Digital release date stays the same (23rd August)

K

It's very common with pressing vinyl to expect delays. Sometimes it is scheduling, things taking longer than they ought to, mistakes having to be corrected, masters not in on time, packaging not completed on time, packaging printing issues which need to be corrected... any number of factors can go into causing delays. It's unfortunate but it is something which happens quite often.

It's very common with pressing vinyl to expect delays. Sometimes it is scheduling, things taking longer than they ought to, mistakes having to be corrected, masters not in on time, packaging not completed on time, packaging printing issues which need to be corrected... any number of factors can go into causing delays. It's unfortunate but it is something which happens quite often.

to be fair though, it has been pushed back by well over a month

with there being 300 pressed, surely a month isn't needed to recover from a setback?

i honestly wouldn't know though, i don't work in the music industry.

Why does this kind of stuff happen?

I ask because it is frequent

Hype and hype and more hype and then--"hai guyz, thx 4 interest, delayed to 2015--C U there!"

I mean I know I'm being facetious and purposely overboard but it seems like bad business on the record label's part. Acts of God--totally understandable, but in this case, we all know that good electronic coming out on Warp is something of a rareified precious commodity and the thought of Anodyne getting a bump because they need to big up some other inane release does not please me.

Then again, I should not make assumptions because I could look like an asshole.

Just curious, seems very common.

One last thing--it's not like we're in the old days where the lathe went down, there's a polyvinyl chloride pellet shortage, an engineer union strike--this music is done and available and is already in the 01100001100101010 format we all deal in anyway so..... :shrug:

Teasing you xxx, teasing the motherfuck out of you.

the autechre remixes in the past 4 years have been a mixed bag.

Well let me tell you what kind of bag: A trash bag that's had a bad day. Like, say your mom cleans out the cat litter -- fresh and stale doodie pebbles go right into the bag. And then, your sister throws away her used tampons, and where do they go? In the same bag! And then your brother comes home piss-ass drunk and upchucks, just pukes right into the bag! Now, I'm not trying to be disgusting, but what it all comes down to -- that's a realistic situation, and that's a nasty bag! But I'd rather take that shit out to the garbage than play this game ... CD-i SUCKS!

to be fair though, it has been pushed back by well over a month

with there being 300 pressed, surely a month isn't needed to recover from a setback?

i honestly wouldn't know though, i don't work in the music industry.

A month is still within reason. I'll just say that ;]

Archived