IGNORED

RIAA insanity. Link and information inside.

chenGOD

So apparently, the RIAA is good for one thing, and one thing only - and the proof is in the ledger books.

2008: $16 Million in lawyer fees - $391,000 in recovered "losses"

2007: $24.5 Million in lawyer/investigative fees - $515,929 recovered

2006: $23 Million in lawyer/investigative fees - $455,000 recovered

C'est encroyable, n'est ce pas?

Guest Jimmy James

those poor recording artists :(

i recently downloaded metallica's discography... then deleted it.

Guest bitroast

those poor recording artists :(

This is the home of Lars Ulrich, the drummer for Metallica. Look. There's Lars now, sitting by his pool. This month he was hoping to have a gold-plated shark tank bar installed right next to the pool, but thanks to people downloading his music for free, he must now wait a few months before he can afford it.

Come. There's more. Here's Britney Spears' private jet. Notice anything? Britney used to have a Gulfstream IV. Now she's had to sell it and get a Gulfstream III because people like you chose to download her music for free. The Gulfstream III doesn't even have a remote control for its surround-sound DVD system. Still think downloading music for free is no big deal?

Now look in this window. Here you see the loving family of Master P. Next week is his son's birthday and, all he's ever wanted was an island in French Polynesia. I see an island without an owner. If things keep going the way they are, the child will not get his tropical paradise.

Man must learn to think of these horrible outcomes before he acts selfishly or else... I fear... recording artists will be forever doomed to a life of only semi-luxury.

Guest dilbthelame

this made me lol.

that project <red> thing that bono did a while back had a similar problem as i recall - cost about $200m to launch, and has only raised about $5m or something.

This is the home of Lars Ulrich, the drummer for Metallica. Look. There's Lars now, sitting by his pool. This month he was hoping to have a gold-plated shark tank bar installed right next to the pool, but thanks to people downloading his music for free, he must now wait a few months before he can afford it.

What makes this really insidious is that while sure there are some rich pop stars..much more frequently musicians make almost nothing off their albums or even go into debt while the industry make millions.

Guest cuntainer

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... etc.

fucking hurry up and die already, burn in hell, you complete fucking cunts.

Guest blicero

The whiff of desperation you get from an RIAA lawyer could kill a garden.

the lawyers are the only smart ones in this situation. they're charging 16 million dollars for less than $400K ROI... and getting way with it.

The whiff of desperation you get from an RIAA lawyer could kill a garden.

the lawyers are the only smart ones in this situation. they're charging 16 million dollars for less than $400K ROI... and getting way with it.

Good point. Let's say it's coming from one of the executives, then.

Archived