IGNORED

All things transfer and rumour related

Guest Alex C

By the way, i think these transfers would do more harm to Bayern than to Dortmund.

Morally, they were always like that in Germany. Nothing changed aside from german final, though you can recall Bayer Leverkusen in CL final against Madrid Galacticos squad. Ballack, Lucio, Ze Roberto, Butt - all ended up in Bayern soon enough. It was more crucial for the internal intrigue, because as you can see that despite Nuri Sahin and Kagawa being the best in the respective seasons, Gundogan and Reus became no less.

Now Goetze and Lewandowski in Munich, i don't know. With Kroos, Muller and Ribery - where would Goetze play? Another thing is Robben. He wasn't starter before Kroos injury, but he was the one who had the most will to win, for all his chances he was the only one to make them. He teared Barca apart. Now he is a spare part. Mandjukic was extremely important tactically for his pressing and target man skills. How would they use Lewandowski for the same effectiveness? Gomez was also very good at striking goals and he lost his place.

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bale out (for 86 pounds), Lamela, Capoue, Paulinho, Chadli & Soldado (and maybe Eriksen) in (for 89 pounds)

lol,

Bale is a great player but i'll sell him for all of those players.

Bale out (for 86 pounds), Lamela, Capoue, Paulinho, Chadli & Soldado (and maybe Eriksen) in (for 89 pounds)

lol,

Bale is a great player but i'll sell him for all of those players.

my wildest dreams have come true

özil is gonna kill the premier league until they break his legs :D

really? personally I reckon Giroud will get crocked and there won't be an outlet for him.

I can't wait to see his expression after Walcott miscontrols the 10th time he's put through by a precision pass.

He's wasted at Arsenal, but he's an amazing addition to the PL.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Adam Lallana to Liverpool for 25£

Liverpool sure loves to pay overprices for British players.

25 quid is not a bad deal for Lallana.... ;)

You've got a point, I'm not saying Lallana is a bad player, he's very good actually. But for 25M £ you could get much for talented and top class players.

Just for example, the following players have around that value (according to transfermarkt.co.uk):

Julian Draxler
26,40 Mill. £
Koke
26,40 Mill. £
Thiago Alcántara
26,40 Mill. £
Ilkay Gündogan
23,76 Mill. £
Kevin Strootman
19,80 Mill. £
Yaya Touré
26,40 Mill. £
Alexis Sánchez
26,40 Mill. £

etc. etc. etc.

Is Lallana really in that class? I just think the prices some English players go by are ridiculous.

Edited by Ceerial

First you have to see if they are actually available, which for example Toure, Draxler, and Sanchez are not. Then you can see what they're worth. Toure would never go for that little, and Sanchez is past his prime, that's why he's so cheap. Strootman is wildly underpriced, but since he's likely coming to United, we'll take him at that price.

Is 25M for Lallana a bit steep? Probably, but not by much. He's a class player, with years of service left.

It's the reality of an inflated transfer market.

First you have to see if they are actually available, which for example Toure, Draxler, and Sanchez are not. Then you can see what they're worth. Toure would never go for that little, and Sanchez is past his prime, that's why he's so cheap. Strootman is wildly underpriced, but since he's likely coming to United, we'll take him at that price.

Is 25M for Lallana a bit steep? Probably, but not by much. He's a class player, with years of service left.

Lallana's price was a little inflated, but he's a great player, at least in the Premiership anyway, he can only add to their options.

By the way, Ceerial, I do agree that there is an "English" premium, I just don't particularly feel it was too much at play in this particular transfer. Certainly a much better deal than Carroll...;)

I don't think Liverpool would able to get many of the players I listed, it was more to compare Lallana's pricetag with other players. But now that Liverpool are in the ChL, they actually should be able to attract bigger names, that was more what I was getting at.

But again... Lallana is very good player, he might become a world class player, who knows.

By the way, Ceerial, I do agree that there is an "English" premium, I just don't particularly feel it was too much at play in this particular transfer. Certainly a much better deal than Carroll...;)

Maybe it's just the Downing/Carroll/Henderson transfers that has made me skeptical about Liverpool's transfers for English players, even though Henderson is actually starting to look like he is worth the money they paid.

And Sturridge is definitely also worth the money too (obviously), so Liverpool investing in English players might not be such a bad thing for them after all.

Edited by Ceerial

Sturridge was the best English player at the World Cup, and Henderson was not far behind (he has emerged under Rodgers), so not bad buys at all for Liverpool.

I was happy we got Shaw, Herrera was an excellent buy, and if we can get Strootman, a CB and another CM we'll have had a great transfer window.