IGNORED

Carlos Castaneda

oyster

speaking of Tokyo and psychedelia (and thanks PEace 7 for trying to be my bro when i went out there, even though we never met up, next time!) anybody have a link to that chick's blog from circa 2002/3 where she would just buy research chemicals at Japanese head shops get fucked up and do trip reports? I really miss the pre 'operation web tryp' era of internet psychedelia. I was too young though to be able to buy pharmaceutical grade ketamine online though, they made it illegal in '99 i think but jesus christ can you imagine being able to just order on the internet a kilo of ketamine like its no big deal and have it shipped right to your door? holy fuck
In the US you can still do it with DXM, but after finding the right 'window' with ketamine I don't really like dxm anymore

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yah, man- next time~!

And shyiiiiit..... The era when a lot of psychedelics were legal in Japan was fucking insane and great (and I imagine what Amsterdam is like?). It peaked at a point where popular streets were lined with people with suitcases open, full of shrooms, research chems, and misc. other shamanistic type plants. Headshops also peaked and there were so many... It felt perfect. The potential of the vibez of the land was realized. It was a time of good music, good substances, and at the college time of my life, I was carefree and could just enjoy it all. To me, that's what the best of Tokyo is about: high aesthetic sense, high creativity, refinement, deep thoughts/feelings, high fun-- truly IDM territory. (though at its worst, Tokyo is about high stress, high conformity, low mental freedom, wasteful utilization of resources, false image, hierarchal oppression, weakening of human strength, low confidence, loneliness, suicide)

That did happen, yah. But I think the ban was primarily because of the world cup. The days before the ban, shops were selling everything pennies on the dollar. I missed the sale of the century! Changes in Tokyo cuz of world cup: no more shrooms, and all the trashcans disappeared cuz it was feared that someone might put a bomb in them. Juuuust in the past couple years are trash cans starting to return. Wtf.

Guest skibby

something i consider odd is that cannabis, shrooms, and LSD which may only make you think you are going to die or make you socially useless at worst, essentially harmless to the biological operations of the body, are illegal.

meanwhile, the deadliest plants of the poison path which are deleriants of the highest order can be gathered wild, bought and grown legally in even the most prissy of jurisdictions on the planet.

no no, don't explain it, let me bask in the mystery a little while.
Turtle-basking-on-log.jpg

That did happen, yah. But I think the ban was primarily because of the world cup. The days before the ban, shops were selling everything pennies on the dollar. I missed the sale of the century! Changes in Tokyo cuz of world cup: no more shrooms, and all the trashcans disappeared cuz it was feared that someone might put a bomb in them. Juuuust in the past couple years are trash cans starting to return. Wtf.

yeah that is weird, i noticed a surprising lack of trash cans in Tokyo. I wonder what they will do about consumer level drones now after that guy sent sand containing cesium from fukushima on top of the Prime minister's building

rare are the times such bizarre contexts & events align

I wonder what they will do about consumer level drones now after that guy sent sand containing cesium from fukushima on top of the Prime minister's building

Litvinenko/10

Guest skibby

has anybody read Armando Torres? He's writing books (2004-) about Castaneda that sound like Castaneda writing about Don Juan. The similarity creeps me out, and the material seems on par, at least the first book about the Nagual. For a minute I thought Castaneda might have faked his death, the audiobook is 'that' good.

Here's a low production quality audiobook (100mb or so) but the content is very high:
https://mega.co.nz/#!DdBBBIDB!RhZHV7HntYrIjlITMFqdvSeT92e2NYkOz7mlgSAYKhM

rare are the times such bizarre contexts & events align

I wonder what they will do about consumer level drones now after that guy sent sand containing cesium from fukushima on top of the Prime minister's building

Litvinenko/10

didn't the MI5 leak some story about how they traced the Polonium all the way back to Moscow like directly to the kremlin or something like based on the detectable half life? I always thought that story sounded like bullshit to me personally. Part of me thinks actually the US or the UK killed litvinenko to make it seem like a Putin hit. Sometimes i go back to the putin did it theory though.

wouldnt put anything past the world's intel services

Berezovsky (sp) got popped here too, who was supposed to be on state run 24hr guard = epic fail as the kids say

theres so much Russian money in London these days, the tentacles lead everywhere

Archived