IGNORED

louis ck

gritbox

Guest bitroast

saaaweeet.

the wait for the long binge continues.

loved the first episode of the new season. still some excellent television.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Opie & Jim Norton" sounds like they're married, though.

i didn't literally mean opie and jim norton "sounds" betterl. i meant; opie and jim norton sounds like a just as good if not better comedic pairing than opie and anthony... in fact, i was never a fan of O or A. i just think jim norton should take over completely. actually i don't care, i only listen to that show if louie or some other good comedian is on it anyways. oh, and jim norton, obv

• 2 weeks later...

damn louie's ruthless in his comedic direction and timing, mike rappaport did amazing keeping up on such short notice (as was elaborated by louie in the aforementioned radio interview). that last shot after the credits where they both break character and louie says "that's a wrap" really says it all..

that tragically apocalyptic diarrhea scenario from the episode before is still making me lol

but great directing with Rappaport, for sure

Yeah, can't say enough good things about this show, but 5 seasons in it would kinda be preaching to the choir to do so.

The whole episode I was just anxiously watching... I expected Louie tell the guy off, who then uses his cop powers to harass him and make his life hell. What ended up playing out was better than anything I could have predicted.

What I love most is how unpredictable this show can be. That's what makes me so anxious during the more serious episodes like this... the show has set a precedent for going anywhere at any time, so you never know what's coming.

10/10

so this is his last season? I hope Louie tries to make an indie film of some kind after this, but i don't know if he'd be able to get away from the sort of hard conceptual stuff he does where he sacrifices good pacing/typical stories just just totally left field weirdness. I could see that going either way with a feature length, really good or potentially bad.
what would be truly amazing is if Louie teamed up again with Charlie Kaufman and Smigel from his writing days

he riffs on uncomfortableness brilliantly, it reminds of Fawlty Towers @ times with the "oh no where is the going"

i thought his lady painting him oop like a man-girl, ass raping him, then dumping him (post-kicking from a random woman on the street) was a bit......well,,,,,, unkind

he riffs on uncomfortableness brilliantly, it reminds of Fawlty Towers @ times with the "oh no where is the going"

i thought his lady painting him oop like a man-girl, ass raping him, then dumping him (post-kicking from a random woman on the street) was a bit......well,,,,,, unkind

I died laughing during that scene. So good.

last night's episode was HEAVINESS

and fun w/it

his nipper describing green lightning bolts coming out/into her head @ the Dr's (Charles Grodin is quality too given his ltd screen-time) was fuckin trippy maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan

that song at the end of the show was amazing. i didn't even notice she was singing about babies dying in diarrhea until at the very end.

the show has gotten to the point where I can't just relax and watch it for entertainment. Not to say it isn't good, its still really good but its kind of grueling to endure the awkwardness. Definitely my least favorite show to get stoned too after a long day

the louie playing a cop movie idea sounds like it could be a Mall Cop/Seth Rogan stylep disaster or judging by his recent TV show it could be one of the most interesting dark comedies in years.

that song at the end of the show was amazing. i didn't even notice she was singing about babies dying in diarrhea until at the very end.

haha, yeah. "wait, what did she just say?"

last episode was a trip. i was in 3 parallel realities simultaneously while watching some of it. as soon as louie says "oh no" at the door-knock i immediately knew it was a dream-sequence. it had a very lynchian pacing to it causing me to notice.

sherbet-dong was beautiful and relateably-disturbing to the point of tears. the editing and direction by louie again was immaculate, and although lynch-inspired, very distinctly louie. everything is absurdly intense til it's funny in the deepest way you can imagine.

he lets all his jokes, regardless of their level of technicality,verbosity, etc, he lets them breath... i don't know, he has such a manner to his performance-art, directing, and writing that he like channels the funny in it's purest state and presents it to the watcher/reader/listener in same exact way the jokes presented themselves to louie, from the ether...thus inspiring the receiving-end to the same level of profundity as louie was inspired to begin with...

shit, i'm high as a kite and just watched this after a dong lay at work, and loved every fucking millisecond of it! in your face awepittance (john ehlrichman) lol

Archived