IGNORED

Carling Cup round up

chenGOD

I mean... we don't need the carling cup...

ok so always sucks to lose to arsenal, but whatever. It wasn't a league game, and arsene brought on some bigger guns near the end. Also Fabianski is a terrible terrible keeper. But I love his hair. Oh that dark Polish hair....

To be honest, when I saw fabianski in the starting line up I thought spurs had it in the bag. Becaue you're absolutely right...he is a terrible keeper. It was actually really a shame how the match went down...

Guest Dirty Protest

Who's talking about an injury crisis?

Your manager didnt field a full squad last week in Europe, as he reckoned there was too many injuries. David oLeary used to do the same thing with us in Europe to try and prove his squad wasnt good enough and the consensus of the Leeds supporters was, field the kids twat.

Hmmmm......the back four were all proper young uns which I felt he didn't need to do, but we've got Chelsea on Saturday. I've not heard anyone talking about a crisis, although the papers have got plenty of fodder

• 1 month later...
Wednesday 27th October

Aston Villa 2 - 1 Burnley F.C.

Newcastle United 0 - 4 Arsenal

West Ham United 2 - 1 Stoke City

Tuesday 26th October

Manchester United 3 - 2 Wolverhampton

Birmingham City 1 - 1 Brentford

Ipswich Town 3 - 1 Northampton Town

Leicester City 1 - 4 West Bromwich Albion

Wigan Athletic FC 2 - 0 Swansea City

Onwards we roll. Would love an easy game against Ipswich, but I can see Arsenal drawing Man Utd, damn it.

• 3 months later...

I could swear I keep hearing chants of 'who are ya?' around the Emirates. Disgusting, childish chant.

Huddersfield and certainly Ipswich are decent lower-league teams with good stead in the history of English football.

I can understand a 'who are ya?' chant if we're playing some unknown Portuguese West Brom-like team in the Champions League qualifiers, but this is what the Carling/FA Cup is all about.

I don't know, maybe Arsenal fans are out of touch with non-Premier League football (probably true), or maybe they're all too multi-national to ever remember when teams like Ipswich and Huddersfield deserved a bit of respect.

Anyway, though, Arsenal vs Birmingham final.

Arsenal are clearly favourites, and I'm expecting maybe a comfortable 3-1, but no-one can be written off in a final and Birmingham have just enough quality to cause an upset.

Still though, here's hoping this one trophy teaches the Arsenal team how to win and they manage something else.

And then Fabregas leaves in the summer. Meh.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived