IGNORED

Minecraft

Guest fiznuthian

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i've been super busy with school starting a few weeks back - workload is not letting up... i'm gonna make an effort to get on more this coming week but we'll see what i can manage.

again: for those who want to join, send me a pm with your ign and i'll add you to the whitelist and give you the ip.

Guest Pennywise

Ive been on in patches. building a resource heavy building as always and it gets tiresome quick. The nether is a bitch on this map. I swear glowstone is more scarce now too. need more people but how?

Guest Pennywise

how do i get on the new watmm server?

hi pals

pm yshf, hope you join mate

is that your place in the desert pete? if so, there may have been an erm incident with your horse.

what happened? I dont care if it died

hi pals

is that your place in the desert pete? if so, there may have been an erm incident with your horse.

i rode him into a wall and i died, so he's stuck in a cave somewhere in the desert and i can't find him.

Guest Pennywise

hi pals

i rode him into a wall and i died, so he's stuck in a cave somewhere in the desert and i can't find him.

lol

The server doesnt show up when I enter the IP in. Are there any other steps to this other thna go to multiplayer, add server, paste the IP in?

• 2 weeks later...

So right now, our whitelist is pretty large (which is awesome!) but our active players are few (or at least it seems that way)... actually, the past few days have been pretty good, but so far this month things have been slow, with large gaps of time where nobody is getting on at all.

I've been feeling like the next map should be an amplified world - that was so much fun on that old server. Also it would be good to have a server where people feel more driven to set up their bases near one another - that way more interaction happens (and an amplified world is great at inspiring that - way more awesome land in a smaller space).

Not talking about resetting or anything, so don't worry. I won't do that unless the majority of people want to... Although I'm curious to hear what people think about the idea. I've personally felt kinda bored/let down with this world. Too dull and sprawling.

Yeh, so.. thoughts?

I couldnt get into this atall. after mining maybe 150 blocks, and making a tiny raised platform thing in around 20 minutes, an overwhelming sense of futility and indescript sadness washed over me and i had to go outside for a walk.

lol pretty much this

Guest Pennywise

So right now, our whitelist is pretty large (which is awesome!) but our active players are few (or at least it seems that way)... actually, the past few days have been pretty good, but so far this month things have been slow, with large gaps of time where nobody is getting on at all.

I've been feeling like the next map should be an amplified world - that was so much fun on that old server. Also it would be good to have a server where people feel more driven to set up their bases near one another - that way more interaction happens (and an amplified world is great at inspiring that - way more awesome land in a smaller space).

Not talking about resetting or anything, so don't worry. I won't do that unless the majority of people want to... Although I'm curious to hear what people think about the idea. I've personally felt kinda bored/let down with this world. Too dull and sprawling.

Yeh, so.. thoughts?

The problem with an amped world is that its very difficult to explore as you are always confronted with huge mountains. It was really cool, but it's super hardcore.

I think theres so few of us playing that we don't bump into eachother. I'm not sure there is a fix for that other than finding more players somehow. Personally, I've been playing for 4 years so I dont have it in me to play like 5 hour long sessions anymore. I'm getting lag too cos of shitty internet which doesnt help.

Maybe there really is no fix, it seems play for a while, watch the numbers dwindle and reset the map. It's just how it works. Especially with updates happening every few months

Yeh, so.. thoughts?

I think amplified worlds get old fast - it can be a real fuckaround getting anywhere. I think we should stick with this map, personally

We'll stick with this map for a good while. When the general consensus is for a reset, i'll have a poll or something and we can determine the type of world people want (keep in mind, with some of the new world generation features we could have a map kinda in between amped and regular, which could be pretty perfect).

i've spent so much time dying glass and clay for my rubiks cube that i wouldn't be very happy if there was a reset any time soon.

yeah I second this emotion. yshf how versed are you in mcedit/copying parts of a map over to a new one, etc? I ask because like kaini I'm putting a lot of work into a megastructure at the mo and would also be sad in the face

Archived