IGNORED

Minecraft

Guest fiznuthian

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

So to build all that you need first to mine all those different materials and shit and then you can start building it? Is that what it's about? Are there any baddies that will fuck up your shit too? Sounds like it would take a huge amount of time. I am not entirely clear on what the hell Minecraft is about.

So to build all that you need first to mine all those different materials and shit and then you can start building it? Is that what it's about? Are there any baddies that will fuck up your shit too? Sounds like it would take a huge amount of time. I am not entirely clear on what the hell Minecraft is about.

yeah that's basically the recipe but maybe add a bit of slack-jawed wonder in there for discovering new objects and such

yes, there are baddies, mostly at night.

yes, it's time consuming. it took me two weeks on and off to build that (gathering clay, dyes, coal, and sand to make dyed clay and stained glass).

it's very addictive.

if anyone's looking for a more social alternative to the watmm server (i'll continue to use both), reddit's r/casualconversation subreddit has a nice one going at 192.99.21.28:26599 - averages about 10 people online at any time. has some mods for buying materials, but they're serverside so no modding needed!

Anyone else having the same problem as me?

Twice today i have been on, done some shit logged off. few hours later i go for come back on and the server is down, no big deal.

Few hours later its back up and i log on, and i am back at spawn lost all my shit and my bed doesn't work when i die. Thought it was me at first but its happened twice today.

• 4 weeks later...

So heres the current plan/situation with the server:

I can't keep paying as much as I am monthly to host this thing, and I've been noticing some poor performance too. I've decided that for the sake of my wallet and your guys experience we need to switch hosts, and I've already found a cheaper alternative that will give us the exact same specced server.

Unfortunately, this means we need to do a reset - I know some of you are working on amazing massive projects, and having to lose those will be a bummer, but I can promise that (hopefully) this time around we'll have a much more stable and long-lasting world/server.

I've paid for this month of hosting, so you guys can finish up any projects you were working on or spend a few more weeks at your bases. Once the month is over, I'll switch over to the new server and whitelist everybody again. I'll post the new IP in the thread this time. This world we're in currently is getting a bit bland, and is too sprawling and flat. There are a few directions in which the terrain just repeats and repeats, and everyone is so far spaced out that there is almost no interaction. Also, we were cursed with a total bitch of a nether hub area this time around, making travel all the more difficult. The new world after the reset will be amplified BUT will be chosen for quality and for the ease of exploration (no gigantic unscalable mountains in all directions, I promise - I know that was a worry) - I've already found a few seeds as possible contenders, and with the new custom world generation, there are loads of possibilities for finding a good median between amplified and normal.

Sorry to do this to you guys, but it is what it is. Hope you'll all stick around for the reset. If any of you have any knowledge of worldedit that would allow you transfer some of your builds over to the new server, feel free to explore that possibility. I know nothing of this kind of thing, but I'm open to ideas, so long as they aren't too complicated.

• 2 weeks later...

I've paid for the new server and I'm getting it set up - I'm gonna have to use a world file, so it's time to ask you guys if you have any amplified seeds that you've found and would like to use (and I'll then generate the world and then load it in, once we've decided on one of course). My goal is to try and have this thing up and running sometime between Monday and Wednesday next week (happy holidays and all that).

But yeah, share any and all seeds/worlds that catch your eye. I really would like to go amplified this time around but I'm willing to consider a regular world if it's interesting and has a good spawn.

Guest Pennywise

im keen but it will happen again unfortunately. But yeh, a cool map is welcome. I liked the challenge of amplified but it was a real bastard.

In my searching I've found a default seed (not amplified) that seems to have some pretty awesome terrain and a couple great areas close to spawn where we could set up (just an fyi, i'm not checking anything but like a 200 by 200 radius of each of these potential seeds so as not to spoil it or put myself at an unfair advantage or anything). But yeah, I'm thinking we're set now guys - I might get this thing up and running by tonight. If anyone has found potential seeds, or has any other thoughts or ideas definitely still feel free to share them though, I want everyone to be content and excited for this reset.

:happy:198.24.165.170:25670 - Alright, here we go. Probably gonna be some kinks to work out over these first few days, so bear with me. Hopefully this new host will work out.

- Everyone whitelisted on the old server should be good to go, but if you can't get on for some reason then just shoot me a pm.

- Old server will be going offline in the next few days (probably monday or tuesday).

- Let me know if you encounter any serious performance issues and I'll see what I can do. No promises though (not an expert on this kind of thing by any means, but I'd be happy to get in touch with the host if shit gets really bad).

- Enjoy!

The world we're on has some pretty epic terrain, very close to an amplified world. Keep following the extreme hills out and you'll see. This way we also don't have to worry about how difficult exploring can get with amped.

Guest Pennywise

I think that maybe an amped world is better for the town idea because due to the difficulty to explore, its best to stick together (tunnels, portals etc.). But Im going to shut up now because I dont want to sound like a nagger.

Archived