IGNORED

Scientology

YEK

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest underscore

not any crazier than the rest of the religions to me. a scientology commerical would be a welcomed break from all the christian related shit on television

in a way

it's more of a cult though, no?

They're one step from it because they have yet to get their members to kill themselves.

Yet they're no different than most other religions and all their bullshit.

Whats with that chick? IS she an Alien? I'd love to find out :)

Married to Tom Cruise/10

in a way

They're one step from it because they have yet to get their members to kill themselves.

Yet they're no different than most other religions and all their bullshit.

Whats with that chick? IS she an Alien? I'd love to find out :)

Married to Tom Cruise/10

Nu UH! I've seen his wife look nothing like that.

Anyways. This is the one and only true Religion, everything else is just BS...

http://www.venganza.org/

I am a proud Pastafarian! Join US!

Guest underscore

in a way

whats the difference? i mean, here are some definitions listed for "cult" on the google

- "followers of an exclusive system of religious beliefs and practices"

- "followers of an unorthodox, extremist, or false religion or sect who often live outside of conventional society under the direction of a charismatic leader" (this is a funny definition, for many reasons, but my favorite is what the fuck is a "false religion"?)

- "Cult pejoratively refers to a group whose beliefs or practices could be, reasonably or unreasonably, considered strange"

so someone who is in a cult is someone whose beliefs could be considered strange...

Guest Dirty Protest

l-ron-hubbard-3.jpg

I cant believe ive hit the age of 36 without ever seeing a picture of the weird fucker.

Edit: Its good that 2 of us cant see the pic without calling him a fucker =)

in a way

whats the difference? i mean, here are some definitions listed for "cult" on the google

- "followers of an unorthodox, extremist, or false religion or sect who often live outside of conventional society under the direction of a charismatic leader" (this is a funny definition, for many reasons, but my favorite is what the fuck is a "false religion"?)

- "Cult pejoratively refers to a group whose beliefs or practices could be, reasonably or unreasonably, considered strange"

so someone who is in a cult is someone whose beliefs could be considered strange...

for some reason i thought cults were like religion but with less of a following

Guest analogue wings

"cult" is just people who believe in a magical water walking zombie man being massive fucking hypocrites

by politics and power. how else? surely, there must have been a couple of politicians, say in florida (or wherever the hell they got their biggest center), that had some bribe-able qualities. it's not much different than any other religion actually. they all started as a cult. no?

All religions are cults.

trollface.jpg

in a way

this is what i learned in my human geography class. it goes cult > sect > religion.

but it varies a lot: http://www.religioustolerance.org/cults.htm

scientology is definitely worse than other religions because they usually force their members into bankruptcy. the scheme goes like this: each level of higher understanding, you have to pay more money to get to. at least alms at church are a few dollars a week--this is thousands and thousands of dollars within months. people have completely fucked over their lives because they have gotten sucked into this scam.

and yes, christianity has destroyed lives and families, islam has too, and hinduism. all of that still stands. but scientology is inarguably the worst "religion" out there because they brainwash every. single. member. you have wishy washy christians who think genesis is bunk but that jesus had a point. you have muslims that just practice because of family tradition. same with hinduism.

but with scientology? you are never just "kind of" a member. people with common sense get the fuck out before it's too late. the naive ones get caught up in talk of thetans and dianetics. each auditing session costs more and more, but they need it, because it's to cleanse their souls. there is no way out. it's worse than leaving religions like mormonism, because with scientology, they'll kill you. they don't want anyone exposing their scam.

if you are interested in any of the seedy aspects of scientology, this is an excellent site to read: http://www.xenu.net/roland-intro.html

Guest Funktion

for you to repeatedly refer to my religion and my faith in those terms, knowing specifically how offensive and insensitive it is, all just to get a reaction? well youre getting one. right here. right now. im angry. real angry.

Archived