IGNORED

Scientology

YEK

+1 for hoodie, good post.

that smug photo of hubbard was burned into my mind while I was reading that.

It doesn't get much crazier than following a religion that was created by a science fiction writer who has been repeatedly rumored to have said "If you want to make a million dollars, the quickest way is to start a religion." I don't know how true those rumors are, but it clearly worked. :facepalm:

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the difference between cult and religion is similar to the difference between believing and knowing.

Think about it: If you say "Jane knows that her boyfriend is faithful" then you are implying that her boyfriend really is faithful. But if you say "Jane believes that her boyfriend is faithful" then you are leaving it open whether or not he is. The difference has more to do with the attitude of the speaker than the actually state Jane is in.

So if you say "Scientology is a religion" then you are closer to implying that it is a normal respectable thing to be a part of than if you say "Scientology is a cult". The difference is in the attitude of the speaker.

Guest analogue wings

scientology is definitely worse than other religions because they usually force their members into bankruptcy. the scheme goes like this: each level of higher understanding, you have to pay more money to get to. at least alms at church are a few dollars a week--this is thousands and thousands of dollars within months. people have completely fucked over their lives because they have gotten sucked into this scam.

and yes, christianity has destroyed lives and families, islam has too, and hinduism. all of that still stands. but scientology is inarguably the worst "religion" out there because they brainwash every. single. member. you have wishy washy christians who think genesis is bunk but that jesus had a point. you have muslims that just practice because of family tradition. same with hinduism.

but with scientology? you are never just "kind of" a member. people with common sense get the fuck out before it's too late. the naive ones get caught up in talk of thetans and dianetics. each auditing session costs more and more, but they need it, because it's to cleanse their souls. there is no way out. it's worse than leaving religions like mormonism, because with scientology, they'll kill you. they don't want anyone exposing their scam.

if you are interested in any of the seedy aspects of scientology, this is an excellent site to read: http://www.xenu.net/roland-intro.html

I'm sorry, but until a fifth of the world joins Scientology, or until a country declares war on another country because of Scientology, or until a Scientologist crashes a plane into a building, there's no fucking way it's the "worst" religion.

And last time I checked, being bankrupt and being harassed and slandered by armies of weirdo lawyers was indeed bad, but not as bad as being dead, tortured, maimed, molested, etc etc.

I bet the Vatican PR office fucking LOVES Scientology.

• 4 years later...

it's (hopefully) finally time for the American public to wake up, and nothing angers them more than a movie that says "you were stupid, look at what's been happening in your own country for the past 40 years." look at how "rah rah" the US public has gone over Am Sniper, they are sheep to be molded. This will air on HBO this year, and there's nothing the cult can do to stop it.

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/sundance-going-clear-creators-say-tom-cruise-109315690817.html

Will Smith's kids are beyond creepy. they've never had a formal education, and as a result of indoctrination, believe they can do things like "slow down time", or "exist in a holographic reality". here's a typical conversation:

"I’m curious about your experience of time. Do you feel like life is moving really quickly? Is your music one way to sort of turn it over and reflect on it?

WILLOW: I mean, time for me, I can make it go slow or fast, however I please, and that’s how I know it doesn’t exist.

JADEN: It’s proven that how time moves for you depends on where you are in the universe. It’s relative to beings and other places. But on the level of being here on earth, if you are aware in a moment, one second can last a year. And if you are unaware, your whole childhood, your whole life can pass by in six seconds. But it’s also such a thing that you can get lost in.

WILLOW: Because living.

JADEN: Right, because you have to live. There’s a theoretical physicist inside all of our minds, and you can talk and talk, but it’s living.

WILLOW: It’s the action of it.

What are some of the themes that recur in your work?

JADEN: The P.C.H. being one of them; the melancholiness of the ocean; the melancholiness of everything else.

WILLOW: And the feeling of being like, this is a fragment of a holographic reality that a higher consciousness made.

JADEN: [bursts into laughter] As soon as me and Willow started releasing music, that’s one thing that the whole world took away is, okay, they unlocked another step of honesty. If these guys can be honest about everything, then we can be more honest.

How have you gotten better?

WILLOW: Caring less what everybody else thinks, but also caring less and less about what your own mind thinks, because what your own mind thinks, sometimes, is the thing that makes you sad.

JADEN: Exactly. Because your mind has a duality to it. So when one thought goes into your mind, it’s not just one thought, it has to bounce off both hemispheres of the brain. When you’re thinking about something happy, you’re thinking about something sad. When you think about an apple, you also think about the opposite of an apple. It’s a tool for understanding mathematics and things with two separate realities. But for creativity: That comes from a place of oneness. That’s not a duality consciousness. And you can’t listen to your mind in those times — it’ll tell you what you think and also what other people think.

WILLOW: And then you think about what you think, which is very dangerous.

Do you think of your new music as a continuation of your past work?

JADEN: I think Willow’s had a huge evolution.

WILLOW: I mean, “Whip My Hair” was a great thing. When I look back I think, “Wow, I did so much for young black girls and girls around the world. Telling them that they can be themselves and to not be afraid to be themselves.” And I’m doing that now but in a whole different way, coming from source energy and universal truths. People will be, like, “Oh, I’m not going to make a song about exactly how I feel, all the bad ways that I feel, and put it out in the world so everyone can judge me.” But for me, it’s a part of me, it’s my artistic journey.

JADEN: That’s another thing: What’s your job, what’s your career? Nah, I am. I’m going to imprint myself on everything in this world."

also, their "drug rehab" shams have some hilarious new names for "the drugs all the kids are doing" FLOL Moon Gas?

http://drugs.gawker.com/scientology-warns-kids-against-moon-gas-and-other-str-1682367950

Its such a fascinating hustle that I am always interested in hearing about it and hearing about it being exposed.

but in defense of the Smith kids... I was a way weird kid saying about the same shit at 15 about not existing in other people's experience of"time" - being god - controlling things ...

Scientology... Where to begin?

Do the followers not realize that the whole religion was started because of a bet between L. Ron Hubbard and Paul Twitchell (the founder of the equally ridiculous but lesser known sun worhsipping cult known as Eckankar) to see who could recruit a million members first? It's a pyramid scheme turned into a religion. Not to mention, the whole belief system is based around the drug addled ramblings of a science fiction writer. I mean it's fucking obviously bullshit. Volcanoes in space, aliens, magical energy, past lives? Come ON!!

OK, STORY TIME...:

There's a HUGE scientology center here in downtown St. Paul, they bought out the grounds of the old science museum. They claim it's like a giant community center for members with recreation areas, classrooms, a theatre, and other shit. What it really seems to be though having visited it, is a giant indoctrination/brainwashing center. It's fucking creepy. So I was attending a music college that's right across the street from this center, so I decide between classes one day that I'm gonna go check it out and see how fucking weird it is...

org-tc_tour.jpg

They only let non-members see the first floor. So I get there, and the lobby is SUPER quiet, like eerily quiet for a building of this size and being a rather open layout. I'm greeted by this obnoxiously freindly receptionist, and sign in (should have used a fake name as they proceeded to find my address and send me shit for months.) I politely explain that I'm a student across the street and have always been kind of curious as to what Scientology is all about. She invites me to look around the first floor and tells me she'll send someone down in a bit to answer any of my questions...

The first floor is this big open lobby with like 8-10 different video kiosks with benches in front of them, each kiosk covers a different aspect of Scientology or L. Ron Hubbard himself much of which was bullshit. One video was making him out to be this accomplished war hero and philanthropist (the guy was dishonorably discharged and a fucking drug addict)... So these kiosks cover everything from how Thetans work, to past lives, to trauma experienced in the womb sub-conciously affecting you're entire life, how Scientology can change your life, etc. just total bullshit all around.

image11.png

So eventually down comes this perky blonde chick about my age (of course they send someone a similar age, they wan't me to see that it's hip and cool). This chick is like dementedly happy, like no one is this happy with their life, she's got the super crazy eyes too. I'm talking like Tom Cruise being giggly and jumping on Oprah's couch kind of happy. She starts telling me this sob story about how she was lost before Scientology and blah blah it showed her the ways of the universe and blah blah. (I figure she's just happy cause they let her out of her cage and gave her a happy pill to go spew this bullshit)...

Then I see the fucking auditing machine or E-meter as they call it, the the thing they make you hold onto while they ask you all the creepy questions that are supposed to help you identify the troubles in your life that need to be worked out. Perky bitch is kinda explaining how it works and asks me if I'd like to try it with a few example questions. I'm thinking "Oh yes I'd LOVE to experience first hand how dumb this is"... and it is. The thing is pretty much a toilet paper roll cardboard thing wrapped in tin-foil and wired to some bullshit machine.

markvii.jpg this bullshit...

So she starts twisting dials while explaining how this fucking toy works... and as she's explaining it I notice I can make the needle jump just by turning my wrists or slightly tensing my hands, not even with much effort. So she finishes tweaking knobs and asks me a few warm up questions, then questions about school which of course makes the needle jump. So she explains how it seems I have stresses about school and my education (yes I have tensions about school and it's my mind, it's mid terms week, I need to get to class in about 30 minutes and I still want to go grab something to eat). She proceeds to ask a few more questions and at this point I'm just fucking with the thing making it jump by squeezing my hands a bit... This thing, they base the whole practice of thier religion and personal enlightenment plan around this fucking toy!

She finishes up and I politely thank her for her time (as I hold back the urge to burst out laughing in her face). She invites me to look around the bookstore (see: propaganda stand) before I make my way out.... The whole experience was bizarre, creepy, and laughably stupid.

TL;DR: The complete bullshit scientologists are brainwashed to believe is laughably stupid.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived