IGNORED

Shobaleader One: D'Demonstrator

Guest ruiagnelo

I kinda dig this now. A cool little step in his musical trajectory and the tunes are definitely good. From that SOS interview he says he's returning to a less accessible sound, can't wait.

if this is true then it is my most anticipated album of the past 5 years or so

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really can't get into this album.

I used to like Cryptic Motion but get bored about it quickly, then the album was released and my disappointment goes high. I liked the two last tracks (bonus one included) but get bored of them quickly as well. And concerning the vocoded voices, I really can't bear them.

That said, I'm steel waiting for the moment I may actually start to like it. All the posts here frustrates me because every one seem to love it eventually.

Who knows... when I first heard the samples from Just A Souvenir, I seriously thought that Squarepusher was over and then I listened the album a few weeks later and fell in love.

Also I've read his words about the next release and am too very excited !

Antape....

I felt the same up to a few weeks ago. "When the fuck is this album going to do it for me??"......I got back into it after hearing that Endless Night cover and I absolutely love all the Vocoder tracks now... (except mezanine.... just think the main "lyric" is over-done).

Now I listen to it and anticipate all those little synth melodies, the funcky grooves, the pace of the tracks, the weirdo lyrics, the odd sense of machine/man love, the neon phatness of the guitar, the percussive drive, the trashy riffs and the genreal overall luminescent seedyness of it all!!

Holy big crap I just discovered the japanese version bonus track (I know I'm quite late) and it's totally mindblowing !!! I really really like it, head bangig alone in front of my computer but who cares ?

Big rock vibes from the Squarepusher, that's so :wtf:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taLA9S7pN24

Will play it on repeat till I fall asleep.

Guest hahathhat

Holy big crap I just discovered the japanese version bonus track (I know I'm quite late) and it's totally mindblowing !!! I really really like it, head bangig alone in front of my computer but who cares ?

Big rock vibes from the Squarepusher, that's so :wtf:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taLA9S7pN24

Will play it on repeat till I fall asleep.

i swear i've heard that guitar riff somewhere. dunadun da dundadun, dunadun da dundadun

• 1 month later...

I realized that I shouldn't have been all weirded out by this album, because he never really repeats himself. When I'm in the right mood, Shobaleader can be the best. Squarepusher being all fucking silly and funky. I was listening to Prince one day, then I threw this album on and it was a good idea.

• 4 years later...

i know it was old news in only a matter of weeks, but i gave this album a second listen ever since it first came out. i never had anything against this album, but now i REALLY enjoyed it. it felt...right for once. i can't honestly say it felt right the first time. i think i just wasn't ready.

Endless Night is indeed fantastic

I just gave a second listen 2 weeks ago in 2016,and i finally got it,its a very nice album,electro funky pop stuff.

I was like watching the damn CD on my shelf and i told myself:Why not try to shobaleader once again to see if really its shit has i remember..And then..

Bang!! I fucking loved it!!

Archived