IGNORED

Shobaleader One: D'Demonstrator

Guest ruiagnelo

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Dirty Protest

I dont understand peoples hang ups with genres. I cant stand most drum and bass, a night in the company of Andy C and his records would probably drive me to glass myself, but people in here just seem to bang on about wanting more DnB, its got fuck all do do with the style. Ignoring Dolly because you dont like country, Phil Ochs coz you dont like folk or Black Sabbath coz you dont like metal would just be a stupid thing to do, thinking that Tom might have lost any skill or rhythm because theres some RnB/funk references is just about as daft.

I dont understand peoples hang ups with genres. I cant stand most drum and bass, a night in the company of Andy C and his records would probably drive me to glass myself, but people in here just seem to bang on about wanting more DnB, its got fuck all do do with the style. Ignoring Dolly because you dont like country, Phil Ochs coz you dont like folk or Black Sabbath coz you dont like metal would just be a stupid thing to do, thinking that Tom might have lost any skill or rhythm because theres some RnB/funk references is just about as daft.

I agree, and not to mention that people forget that this is a side project. I feel people hate it as it being "bad Squarepusher", but this has nothing to do with Squarepusher at all. Just that the guy who is called Squarepusher also made this.

Guest Scrambled Ears

you forgot dont ignore lil b just because you dont like autotuned hip hop

and there might be funk...but it aint the funk

67976712.jpg

Guest Dirty Protest

I dont understand peoples hang ups with genres. I cant stand most drum and bass

Hmm...

Was going to answer you, but its pretty apparent that the 2 things arent linked in the way you want them to, regardless of how you try to lever a point in.

Guest Jackson Michaels

Yes and no.

The album is attractively lame. Or lamely attractive if you will. It's like this female friend you have who's attractive and lame at the same time, you know? I keep coming back, but I don't know why.

Anyway, the more I listen to it the more I realize that this is most likely another solo album by good old Squarepusher.

Maybe the album will be performed live with a band, but I do think he wrote, played and produced everything himself.

Guest hahathhat

i love love the concept idea like ice cream. it's exciting to think about! however, the album didn't really grab me like JAS. it's somewhat bland and unfocused -- the instrumentation is technically impressive but forgettable. the fact that it's a live jam is impressive and all, but i'd rather just listen to big loada again (sorry tom).

anyone got this ? link me up PM or whatever

i cant search in soulseek cause i cant spell the title for the life of me

probably a good anti-piracy tactic;

some asshole i thought was a friend sent me a zip via pm but it only contains 2 tracks

wtf english much?

this asshole better have given you lossless!

lol, I didn't (320kbps) and elusive, you can suck a cock. Calling someone an asshole when they tried to help you out... Find your own leaks next time.

Guest cult fiction

I dont understand peoples hang ups with genres. I cant stand most drum and bass

Hmm...

Was going to answer you, but its pretty apparent that the 2 things arent linked in the way you want them to, regardless of how you try to lever a point in.

I know what you were trying to say, just thought it was a funny juxtaposition... I need to use emoticons more :beer:

Guest Dirty Protest

Much to my girlfriends annoyance this is the only music I brought on holiday. Its excellent for driving round the Adriatic coast. I usually drive like a fucking mental, but this album seems to be a good govenor.

got the vinyl yesterday. it's slightly warped and broke my girlfriend's housemate's record player. all of a sudden halfway through the first track it dropped to about half speed, then after trying to restart the record player it wouldn't play unless given a push by hand, and then it would only play at half speed, bah!

sounds great on vinyl though! i didn't expect it to be 2x45rpm records though, would have been more 70s style as 1x33rpm.

There were a few songs on Hello Everything, Just a Souvenir, and most of Numbers Lucent that have this hokey, cutesy vibe that I'm really not the biggest fan of. It never bothered me until this new one came out, because it seems like this silly, corny style has become his main focus. I really hope he's done with that shit.

There were a few songs on Hello Everything, Just a Souvenir, and most of Numbers Lucent that have this hokey, cutesy vibe that I'm really not the biggest fan of. It never bothered me until this new one came out, because it seems like this silly, corny style has become his main focus. I really hope he's done with that shit.

Yeah, enough of it already. This cutesy phase in electronic music has been going on for a while now. It's not as if the 'serious' or 'darker' stuff was even ever that prominent in electronic/"IDM" music. I remember it only lasting about four to five years - from 1999 to around 2004 (I'm really badly generalising here.) But people still sigh a collective sigh of relief, like 'oh, finally a record that is actually fun! You don't like it? Oh, you obviously want your music all serious and moody and complicated all the time.'

No I don't, I'm just tired of kitsch and an ugly sort of knowingness and hokyness invading everything, from the mainstream to the so-called experimental. Fun music is great, but it doesn't need to always sound like it's in quotation marks.

Mind you, I do believe Squarepusher is being genuine here - it's the sound I'm thinking of, not his intentions. Who knows what they really are?

i love love the concept idea like ice cream. it's exciting to think about! however, the album didn't really grab me like JAS. it's somewhat bland and unfocused -- the instrumentation is technically impressive but forgettable. the fact that it's a live jam is impressive and all, but i'd rather just listen to big loada again (sorry tom).

I don't think I could have said it better

Archived