IGNORED

Chameleon

Guest 000890569

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest 000890569

The comments on the YouTube video. Many state that it's a fake, and I didn't realize it was posted over a year ago. Of course I shouldn't trust random comments yelling "fake!" either.

I'm just curious as to why it's been online for over a year and just released on iTunes under Boards of Canada.

chameleon-music70.png

Someone managed to upload his own track to the iTunes store under the moniker of Boards of Canada... how it's possible I don't even know. I would've thought Apple's iTunes store would have a little bit better quality control in their verification of uploaded music some way or another... apparently not?

Guest bitroast

it's funny you mention the youtube comments, isn't the boc youtube page official?

boardsofcanada

3 hours ago

diet coke green screen failure

Cannot even begin to understand how iTunes allowed this to be uploaded. Don't they check stuff?

Track is lame too. A fake created by someone with no understanding of the band's evolution and style.

The idea they would use the cliched kids samples at this point in their career.

Colour me facepalmed.

Track is lame too. A fake created by someone with no understanding of the band's evolution and style.

The idea they would use the cliched kids samples at this point in their career.

i think it's a good tune. how do you know the artist has no understanding of their evolution and style?

i think it sounds quite a lot like the Boards.... maybe it's a friend of theirs. who knows?

and why would they not use "kids samples" anymore? i'd laugh if the new album has kids laughing on it.

Guest danada cry

i cannot believe i fell for this!! what a pile of > $h!+ < !! if i had only done some research beforehand.....the you-tube comment alone would have been enough. think about it.....

Guest 000890569

A recent YouTube comment points the album art to an album by Susumu Yokota named, quite obviously, Kaleidoscope:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_BN7gjhMtQfY/TJMd4OXE7wI/AAAAAAAACHA/Uny6yIhSJ3k/s1600/susumu_yokota_kaleidoscope_albumcover_k.jpg

Between this and "new clear dawn," it amazes me the lengths some will go to create a hoax. This one in particular is very misleading and I hope iTunes notices soon enough. Posing as someone else and stealing another artist's album artwork is a pretty low move in my opinion.

i cannot believe i fell for this!! what a pile of > $h!+ < !! if i had only done some research beforehand.....the you-tube comment alone would have been enough. think about it.....

so if i say that you're talking shite, somewhere online, and then somebody sees that and then comes to the assumption and conclusion from what i've said that they've then read, that you are talking shite, then that would be a justified thing? and everybody should follow?

don't believe everything that you read.

i'm not saying it's a legit tune i'm just saying don't be such a twat. :)

so if i say that you're talking shite, somewhere online, and then somebody sees that and then comes to the assumption and conclusion from what i've said that they've then read, that you are talking shite, then that would be a justified thing? and everybody should follow?

In his defense there is one specific comment posted by the official boards of canada youtube channel. That's legit and the post itself is implying it's a fake: "

".

Guest danada cry

no.....but you are full of codswallop.....now belt up and bugger off you arse. cheerio!! :)

no.....but you are full of codswallop.....now belt up and bugger off you arse. cheerio!! :)

Read the rules.

lol. shut yer tits!

no thanks. obviously i was only joking around. :)

anyway i like the chameleon track whether it's really BoC or not. more people should do this kind of thing, imo!

oh the drama.

at the very least Boards have come out of hiding and given their public 5 whole words.

that's like 1 and a bit words for every year they've been hiding away since Campfire! lol

Archived