IGNORED

Ae to Remix O.S.T?

Just had some good old memories to Chris Douglas aka O.S.T aka Dalglish etc.

I read: http://www.hairentertainment.com/chrisdouglas

Million Dollar Quote:

"Quite a few things coming up in this year… Autechre have done a remix Of Ou From Seimlste which will be released with some new tracks on Mesk Records (http://www.meskrecords.com) as a limited release"

The interview is from 2008, so, is this out? BTW, I like Seimlste.

I loved!!! SDSS, later when he released OtJohr I got it from HPLL Records. I think I'll have to get Ideom soon! Need to listen properly to Waetka. I liked Cruaecis pretty much.

If you search Autechre+Seimlste you find some Websites stating that Ae have remixed "Ou" and that it already has been released. I remember I searched half a year ago for the same thing, with no result.

Guest analogue wings

I wonder what Autechre's remix fee is? They seem quite open to doing them and they do some fairly "not rich" artists...

jaderpansen, thanks for the mp3. Well that excerpt sounds like "Ae imitating O.S.T" - imitating instead of bringing their style into it. Hmmm.

His music is very special, I think I heard sdss (as "Dalglish" though) once on wfmu US radio, they were full of such stuff. Bought some albums of his... Dalglish: Has beats, O.S.T often without. All very well done and the very dark side of life. He's not a big tune, but sometimes I really enjoy listening to Seimlste, Deflect or OtJohr. Still don't know Waetka pretty well, it came out when I was only listening to classical music. Currently I consume some more electronica.

• 3 years later...

I asked Chris in his O.S.T channel on Facebook about the Ou remix and he said:

I do still intend to release it at some point. Just don't know how to do it. I do also have a Merzbow, Stephan Mathieu and a Pita remix as well from Seimlste. As for now, it has just shown up in some mixes i have done.

Guest pixelives

Releasing records isn't that hard. Getting distro for something like this would be a breeze, as well. Just sounds like he has no cash to do vinyl.

I would never commission a remix unless it was 100% definite it was coming out. Weird.

I asked Chris in his O.S.T channel on Facebook about the Ou remix and he said:

I do still intend to release it at some point. Just don't know how to do it. I do also have a Merzbow, Stephan Mathieu and a Pita remix as well from Seimlste. As for now, it has just shown up in some mixes i have done.

if i saw a record that had remixes by ae, merz and pita i'd buy on sight in any format.. come on.

Releasing records isn't that hard. Getting distro for something like this would be a breeze, as well. Just sounds like he has no cash to do vinyl.

I would never commission a remix unless it was 100% definite it was coming out. Weird.

This remix had the label at the time, Mesk Records, but the owner of it couldn't release all the stuff he was sitting on for some reasons Chris (O.S.T.) himself described as never-ending drama pit. It took some time to conclude it and the news of a remix became old, making things flow slower.

There was another very interesting track to be released - a Shadow Huntaz song remix - with intriguing voice manipulation many Ae fans would welcome. If somebody here has it, i'll pay you a good long yuan for that.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived