IGNORED

Any artists similar to Clark

chassis

Guest Backson

Totems flare has a striking resemblance to french electro. Although not entirely, and I would struggle to suggest an album that compares to it.

But at very least he seems to be influenced by Sebastian.

Maybe early Tim Exile (Hanzo Steel Cuts EP), but I guess the reason we all love Clark is his uniqueness ;)

Urgent Jell Hack and his Mr. Bad News remix always reminded me of Exile. The good Exile, circa Hanzo/Pro Agonist, not whatever the fuck he's doing now singing Vaudeville over annoying beats.

I always thought "The Dogs" sounded like it belonged on NIN's "Broken" or "The Fragile."

I got nothing...

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest kineaesth

Lorn, Jackson and his computer band.

Lorn makes sense - Clark mastered his debut.

Guest Adam

Yeah and it fits the album brilliantly. Also Lorn likes compression almost as much as Clark does. :emotawesomepm9:

Would be really nice to hear more stuff mastered by Clark. He obviously is a very good mastering engineer but his compression trilogy is not mastered by himself.

Guest kineaesth

I would say that Clark's production style is as much a central part of his music as his use of melody/rhythm/samples.

Ähem, I could never understand the hype around Lorn. I was excited for his record when I heard Clark was mastering it, but there's so little happening :closedeyes:

Ähem, I could never understand the hype around Lorn. I was excited for his record when I heard Clark was mastering it, but there's so little happening :closedeyes:

lol

I love Clark fanboys. Dont even try to play the "its not intelligent enough for me", because you know well theres not an awful lot of food for thought in Totems Flare. I mean I really like that album, but its not very "IDM". And dont get me started on the muck thats come out as of late.....

Guest Adam

So.. What? It's music made to enjoy it, not to think about it. What music is inteligent then? Autechre? How would you describe 'inteligent music'?

Lorn album is kind of boring in places but overall I really like it. Especially the last track.

Guest Fatcaesar

There is nothing like Clark, I would only get disappointed if I were to listen to anything someone said was similar.

Archived