chassis

quinoline yellow

[youtubehd]YZog7tM7dRk[/youtubehd]

[youtubehd]gkNrMvqCD1A[/youtubehd]

[youtubehd]ZygSD-HAKhA[/youtubehd]

[youtubehd]5nO8F-Ec8Lc[/youtubehd]

[youtubehd]5SvXpa2_yoM[/youtubehd]

Guest Coalbucket PI

I like Lorn but I wouldn’t have said he’s like Clark. That album was one of those ones I instantly loved and then quite quickly tired of. Didn’t know Clark mastered it. I don’t really listen to Totem’s Flare or any of the newer Clark stuff.

Lorn reminded me of Deru if you’re after more stuff in that vein. Peanutbutter & Patience… is that the album name or a song title? Watevz

Guest Coalbucket PI

Oh yeah thats exactly what I meant. Those questions are unanswerable. I don't think I'd have even entertained the interviewer beyond one or two of those.

I can most intently listen to Clark when he is doing the little micro song/off shoots in the middle of his tracks, and so I find most of these comparisons pretty bad. Lorn just sounds like the bassline from Growl's Garden.

Some examples of micro songs:

2:20 of Bruise Animations.

All of Springtime Epigram.

0:37 of Vengeance Drools.

1:40 of Hot May Slides.

3:17 of Penultimate Persian.

And all of the piano bits are nice in Clarence Park and Empty the Bones of You, but I'm referring mostly to his work during and after Body Riddle.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Loops Haunt is actually pretty close sometimes.

And thanks for the female track, killer track and quite close to Turning Dragon. Do you want to give me some more recommendations of that sound?

Guest Backson

I only stumbled across that by accident and thought "this sounds familiar!".

I think a couple of tracks of his Phrenic mix are similar, and stuff I stumble across on Youtube. Other than that I'm not so well versed in harsh minimal acid techno.

• 3 weeks later...

Check out Xhin - Sword. Pretty damn close to Turning Dragon sometimes.

Also some Nathan Fake tracks remind me a bit of Clark, but a more straight forward and trancy version :emotawesomepm9:

• 1 year later...

lol two years ago and the whole "Clarks latest shit is wank" is still applicable.

I'm listening to "USB Islands" from Clouds, a lot of the synths sound very damn Clark :music:

Clouds is great, I thought he sounded a bit more like Blawan in this track though

here's a track that doesnt necessarily sound like Clark but people will probably like it. Its called cloudz but not by him.

• 4 weeks later...

Maybe this... a bit:

Ska_019_Sleeve_Front__00782.1345045802.3

Meam - The L

Slightly reminiscent of some tracks on Empty The Bones, slightly more Hip Hop-y... it's a bit hard to get a hold of, but it's quite good anyway!

The CD comes with a DVD and a trippy video as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest Taciturn

Is there anything out there similar to Herzog? Something that sounds akin to high voltages of electricity?

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived