IGNORED

Wolfgang Voigt / Gas

Guest carthief

Guest carthief

Hello,

I'm quite enamored of Wolfgang Voigt's Gas project, and I was wondering if he's ever been involved with something of a similar music style, or just anything else notable period. I see many of his aliases and projects listed on Discogs, but I'm not sure where to start... also, I'm looking for things more like album-sized releases instead of single tracks, but if that's all there is, I'll take whatever I can get, and whatever is suggested...

Much thanks.

__

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dese manz hatin

woflgang voigt is a goddamn genius

you might also maybe check out the pop ambient compilations he puts out

woflgang voigt is a goddamn genius

you might also maybe check out the pop ambient compilations he puts out

this. pop ambients are always quality...im trying to collect all of them on vinyl.

The whole Freiland series is pretty consistent for minimal techno stuff too. A bunch of 2-3 track singles like Studio 1 but if you get all of them it's like a double album of stuff...

burger / ink

ftr: what genre is that album considered?

I was suppposed to post this last night, but forgot. Far removed from Gas, but I think it's more on the ambient side than most of his other stuff.

Other artists that sound somewhat similar to Gas:

- Ulf Lohmann / Because Before. This one's got the muddy sound of Gas in most of the tracks.

- The Sight Below / everything. A melancholic take on Gas, I'd say. I don't feel it takes you anywhere near a forest, but otherwise it's musically very similar.

• 3 weeks later...

burger / ink

ftr: what genre is that album considered?

I was suppposed to post this last night, but forgot. Far removed from Gas, but I think it's more on the ambient side than most of his other stuff.

I just picked this up for $4 at my local with no idea of what to expect, pleasantly surprised

I've always wanted to get into Gas but Nah und Fern costs a mint and everything else is rare as hen's teeth so I leave it alone. Love Voigt when he's on acid though. For a long time, him and the "Cologne sound" was all that I knew of acid until I got broader access to things with the internet and mail order.

31 bux is a mint?

Well worth seeking out the first Gas album on vinyl though, despite the not-so-good artwork. Nearly all the tracks are significantly longer versions than the CD version, and the Nah Und Fern version of that one is REALLY edited (the opening track is a different track entirely, which is a shame because I consider that to be one of the BEST Gas songs)

I've ripped my copy of the 3LP, and despite the noisy pressing (it's quite loaded with crackles!) it is very good.

I've ripped my copy of the 3LP, and despite the noisy pressing (it's quite loaded with crackles!) it is very good.

I'd love to hear that. I've a pretty decent vinyl rip of Königsforst, though it's not mine and pretty easy to find from the web, but anyway, if you're interested..