IGNORED

Game of Thrones

data

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Less magic, more mythology. The Wall & Beyond is fairly magical, and the Maester story lines include some stuff that eludes to magic. Oh, and the Faceless Sect, but that isn't until much later in the books, and who knows how far this will go. If they wrap up each book in a season (which is doubtful), then it COULD happen. We will see. Either way, there is a lot of fodder for the show, almost too much. I imagine the screen writers will have to do a fare bit of trimming to make it work.

Watched, i hope there's more magic and less drama.

I am of the opposite opinion. There are certain fantasy elements, but I don't think there is any magic in Martin's books, if there is then it's minor. It's all about the intrigue and drama. Sword & sorcery fantasy is gay anyways. Stick to your cartoons, dude.

intrigue, is another word for soapy drama.

+ if they keep things flowing and don't trim the budget, i'll stick with it. we'll see.

Less magic, more mythology. The Wall & Beyond is fairly magical, and the Maester story lines include some stuff that eludes to magic. Oh, and the Faceless Sect, but that isn't until much later in the books, and who knows how far this will go. If they wrap up each book in a season (which is doubtful), then it COULD happen. We will see. Either way, there is a lot of fodder for the show, almost too much. I imagine the screen writers will have to do a fare bit of trimming to make it work.

I believe that the idea is to cover one book per season and with Martin's involvement it could be possible.

Guest disparaissant

man i can believe it, i've been watching it with a few other people, all of whom have read the books, and the arguments they get into are fucking heated, it's ridiculous. plus they've spoiled like everything for me.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

Is this gonna get hectic as fuck when Bran speaks about how he was pushed off the cliff? I can't wait to see how this progresses, very curious how battles are going to play out on this show, hoping they have some really large scale wars

Second episode was good. Really wish they would have cut out Dinklage's shit accent though.

I haven't seen the second episode yet, but those that had seen the whole series said it was the weakest episode. And yes, Dinklage half-assed accent bugged me in the first episode, but how many dwarf actors are there that have some acting chops?

Guest Smuckers

maybe because i was really fuckin high but the second ep seemed odd to me. i started re-reading a game of thrones just before it started to air so i guess i'm finding the switching from scene to scene quite jolting. unavoidable, i know, considering the amount of book each ep has to cover.

Guest disparaissant

so i started reading the books and got hooked on them, just started the third book.

i think the show makes more sense having read them. yeah they change some stuff but it still works.

my only gripe with what they've altered is i thought ser rodrik shaving his crazy-ass sideburnsbeard because he kept puking all up in it was a hilarious touch, they completely glossed over that on the show. HOW DARE THEY

Guest disparaissant

rONA4.png

bobross_0.jpg

Surely I'm not the only one who immediately went there.

but puzzlingly, in the book he's described as "bald... with a great beak of a nose"

i prefer the fro, though. leave the baldness to varys.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

watched all 4 episodes so far last night. very engrossing show.

i wouldnt read books about this kind of thing but i like the show

its weird recongising all the actors from other things.

the king was in the full monty!

tumblr_mark+addy.jpg

the dwarf was liz lemons boyfriend in 30 rock

lizmeetsUNGuy.png

^^ best i could find

sean bean was lady chatterleys lover

lady-chatterleys-lover-1992-1717.jpg

lets see what else....

rONA4.png

this guy was out of a different show it seemed.

it felt like league of gentlemen for a few seconds.

Archived