IGNORED

Metal Appreciation Thread!

Guest Al5x

not trying to pervert the metal too fully here, but this is a pretty good take on a classic early metal(y)/rock band getting the edit treatment done 100% right:

If I were to make a 100 favorite songs of all-time list (how hard would that be) the original "Planet Caravan" would probably be on there.

Listening to Red Fang's last album atm. They definitely have some shades of grunge/punk/hard rock in there. Love it though.

the 'solomon' series is a bloody masterpiece. a real shame they all seem to be tracks they never play live, especially this one which imo is one of their best songs ever:

I like some stuff by Boris (orange Heavy Rocks is good, keep meaning to get Flood) but I honestly feel they're an overpriced Melvins without the humour. IMO, of course. And they are named after a Melvins song, so there's that (I wish to own this album on vinyl one day, that cover hung on the wall for all to see).

[youtubehd]s9wq-34xyeE[/youtubehd]

[youtubehd]BeL2ZNfvgAU[/youtubehd]

Boris is fuckin' great, been listening to a lot of Melvins at work lately... also a lot of Skeletonwitch, just read the vocalist left the group though so I'm curious where that'll take them next...

This is pretty sweet, heavy punk rock metal, great dirty production

http://bandcamp.com/EmbeddedPlayer/album=248895138/size=medium/t=5/

Bandcamp is fantastic for instrumental metal too, Sithu Aye one in particular who kills it. And free!!

http://bandcamp.com/EmbeddedPlayer/album=560634784/size=medium/t=3/

Also as for Kayo Dot, just purchased Coffins on Io. Great album!

Guest kymppinetti

Always loved Mono. And thank you for mentioning Boris. I can see the similarities of it in Mono.

First new Dodheimsgard album since the classic 'Supervillain Outcast' from 2007, and it is prrrretty impressive so far:

this one popped up on some recommendation lists for me...shit IS pretty good, might have to look more into these guys.

Also, the new Minsk album is indeed really good stuff...

Edited by ghOsty

• 2 weeks later...

SikTh, a band that predated djent by years and easily one of the most unique metal bands the UK have produced have reformed + are taking pre-orders for a new EP. Back it pledge music!

Bland Street Bloom still gives me the shivers all these years on...

[youtubehd]PfT3vcG4qZc[/youtubehd]

SikTh, a band that predated djent by years and easily one of the most unique metal bands the UK have produced have reformed + are taking pre-orders for a new EP. Back it pledge music!

Bland Street Bloom still gives me the shivers all these years on...

Oh nice, I love SikTh! Their vocals are fucking crazy.

I've been really digging Scar Symmetry lately. I'm guessing probably nobody else on WATMM will like them because they're highly polished cyber-prog-metal, but hey whatever:

some of their guitar/synth solos are almost like chiptune arps, if I ever produced an album for a metal band I'd probably want it to sound exactly like Scar Symmetry haha

Edited by modey

I am very much back into SOAD after their recent tour

I've been on a bit of a SOAD kick since catching that stream in Armenia they did last week, put on Toxicity in the car yesterday, still a great album. They may not be "true" metal but damnit they're a fun listen and they still got some sweet riffs.

I am very much back into SOAD after their recent tour

I've been on a bit of a SOAD kick since catching that stream in Armenia they did last week, put on Toxicity in the car yesterday, still a great album. They may not be "true" metal but damnit they're a fun listen and they still got some sweet riffs.

yeah this Holy Mountains at the end of a work out just really gives chills