IGNORED

Metal Appreciation Thread!

Guest Al5x

Pretty sure I mentioned it already, but I gotta bring it up again... the latest Elder album is pretty fucking great, little more proggy than Dead Roots Stirring, but damn it's got some great riffs and leads

Have been blaring a lot of Gojira lately, especially at work. Love their long repeating riffs, not afraid to chugg at all those chaps

[youtubehd]5o1j6K_4ylE[/youtubehd]

oh nice, I'm checking them out now. There's so much good metal that I miss out on, gah!

This album (with Morgan Ågren on drums!) is a mates all time fave so I hád to check it out. Just heard it for the first time, absolutely mental.

Ohh yeah that album fucking slays! I wish he would do more side project shit, but I suppose you can't complain when Meshuggah is still just as great as ever.

Special Defects is just so fucking sick and fantastic. Haha, I remember hearing that for the first time together with Thordendal, Haake, Hagström and Kidman in Umeå back in 97, couldn't believe my ears.

The follow-up has been in the works for many years, I wonder what's going on there.

Edited by psn

Monolord anyone? God damn, this is some gnarly doom, sludgy as FUCK with the semi-washed out vocals in-vein of Electric Wizard and such... Cranked this one up on my way home from work and my whole car was vibrating. Play it loud!

This album (with Morgan Ågren on drums!) is a mates all time fave so I hád to check it out. Just heard it for the first time, absolutely mental.

fuck yeah, I love that album. Especially the jazzy guitar solo track that could just be an Allan Holdsworth piece (can't find a non-cover version of it on youtube but I think it's called Zeta 1 Reticuli or something).

Pretty sure I mentioned it already, but I gotta bring it up again... the latest Elder album is pretty fucking great, little more proggy than Dead Roots Stirring, but damn it's got some great riffs and leads

digging this bigtime. great art too, I presume that's the cover.

this has gotta be one of the best black metal tracks ever and it's from fleetwood mac, lol

so fucking good! why don't they play this on the radio no more :(, it has zero attention

Nice pick

this has gotta be one of the best black metal tracks ever and it's from fleetwood mac, lol

so fucking good! why don't they play this on the radio no more :(, it has zero attention

Peter Green was deep into drug-induced psychosis when he wrote that track, and you can hear it (in the best way). Bands like Blue Cheer popularized this kind of sound, but none of it is as heavy as anything Peter Green ever did. Fleetwood Mac were untouchable while he was still in the band and if you rummage round there are some amazing out-takes & live material of US-gigs with the G Dead etc that set the standard for the bluesier end of acid-rock. Scuse the fervent & earnest dribbling, some of my favourite sounds,,,,,,

^ That's awesome.

Great 'best of 2015' mix here from the man Fenriz, there's some seriously choice cuts in here (Europe, lol!)

http://www.metalinjection.net/av/fenriz-made-a-mixtape-of-his-favorite-releases-of-2015-so-far-and-its-awesome-obviously

My favourites: