IGNORED

Metal Appreciation Thread!

Guest Al5x

Yeah, those Old Funeral videos are funny. There was an additional clip uploaded originally that was removed after a couple of days, featuring them hanging out around their hometown in 1989 or whatever. Random friends popping up, stupid comments, a total time machine clip. Everyone looked soooo 80s. In a bad way.

A few new releases I've been digging this week:

Khemmis - Hunted:

Ulcerate - Shrines of Paralysis:

Gatecreeper - Sonoran Deprevation:

I've been caning the latest Haken album lately. Not strictly metal, but they do love a good downtuned riff every now and then.

Love the unexpected Neurosis section at around 10:45 in this track:

and the unapologetic 80s prog sound of this track..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVLb7n6JXzQ

A few new releases I've been digging this week:

Gatecreeper - Sonoran Deprevation:

been really enjoying the new Gatecreeper, not a groundbreaking album by any stretch of the imagination but still a really well put together mix of genres. Suffers from pretty much all the flaws of modern metal production but it is what it is

Ulcerate - Shrines of Paralysis:

yeah it's really good, sounding pretty much like previous efforts (which is ok in my book) albeit with a bit more blatant emo parts. what i really appreciate about this band is how they reward your attention yet don't demand it. if you listen closely lots of detail and complexity reveal themselves yet because of their limited palette the music is also really enjoyable as a monolithic blur just passing by / over you. great stuff for working out.

Really need to check those both, that new Urfaust album is really promising from what I've heard.

I'm finally trawling through Aluk Todolo's discography today, saw them live years ago when they were opening for Sunn. Turns out their studio work is equally good.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 5X met Tapatalk

(...) the new Deathspell Omega is the best thing ever in the history of anything.

ya, it's really neat! deffo better than paraclit and the last few eps. less athmospheric gheyness and awkward "groove-parts", more unholy blasty fuckness! also awesome production, works great as hair dryer! is that even aspa back there?! vokills sound kinda different...

(...) the new Deathspell Omega is the best thing ever in the history of anything.

ya, it's really neat! deffo better than paraclit and the last few eps. less athmospheric gheyness and awkward "groove-parts", more unholy blasty fuckness! also awesome production, works great as hair dryer! is that even aspa back there?! vokills sound kinda different...

Gurgler's from S.V.E.S.T

I like the vocals, against my usual tastes. I've been listening to this album all day, it's great. I wonder if I'll suddenly get over it though, as with so many doom/stoner bands.

^the vox aren't my usual taste either but they fit the music just fine imo

i just bought a shitload of metal albums and wanna let them sink in for a while but here is one i gotta share cause i just know it's gonna disapear under the radar and that's sad cause these guys make great fruggin musick,, check em out!!

Edited by Ivan Ooze