IGNORED

Fluorescent Grey - Ambiente

awepittance

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you mean the untitled 'hidden' track? I don't remember what that Peter Gabriel album sounds like, although i wouldn't be surprised since the hidden song always sounded to me like an ambient jam on a Fairlight sampler (even though it's synthesis, its a rudimentary physical modeling algorithm roland came up with that ends up sounding like early 80s shitty sampling libraries)

dont mean to sound pretentious as fuck either but I think even though it's epic in length (3.4 hours) it's rewarding to listen to it all as one piece. if you only listen to certain tracks I don't think it works the same, especially since the album is basically one long track cutup into sections (Tracks are designed to blend into each other with matching keys and atmospheres). Not expecting anyone to listen to all 3 discs like this, although that would be ideal but 1 disc at a time is designed as one continuous track not the entire total of the 3 discs.

here are some new (and a couple old) full streaming tracks from Ambiente

https://soundcloud.com/fluorescentgrey/14-sorcerers

https://soundcloud.com/fluorescentgrey/07-incidental-chorus

anybody with Discogs seniority willing to make a correction to this entry - http://www.discogs.com/Fluorescent-Grey-Ambiente/release/5351808?

someone was kind enough to submit it in the first place but they classified it as a 'compilation' instead of an album, when it's actually an album

announcement:

when Ambiente hits Boomkat, Juno, Itunes and the other digital networks (Bleep still doesn't like us even after we put out 2 releases by a former warp artist, Sote *sad face*) we will be selling the 10-15 remaining copies (have to check exact count) of the last Ambiente box set stock with an additional exclusive CD of entirely new material made in 2014: 'Ambiente 4'.

pre-order details will be posted here first. This very small run of Ambiente 4 will be available in early March.

Please put me down for one of these Robbie, as I was too broke to buy it the first time and it's been eating at me since then. Can I actually preorder a copy? I would if you'd let me.

hey brian, for some reason I thought you already grabbed one! The order link is still active on the site since I still have about 10 boxes and cds left, but if you just order one of those now It will include a copy of Ambiente 4 (when it's ready). If you don't mind waiting until mid March of course, otherwise I can just send you the box next week and when Cd 4 is ready send it that out by itself.

you mean the untitled 'hidden' track? I don't remember what that Peter Gabriel album sounds like, although i wouldn't be surprised since the hidden song always sounded to me like an ambient jam on a Fairlight sampler (even though it's synthesis, its a rudimentary physical modeling algorithm roland came up with that ends up sounding like early 80s shitty sampling libraries)

dont mean to sound pretentious as fuck either but I think even though it's epic in length (3.4 hours) it's rewarding to listen to it all as one piece. if you only listen to certain tracks I don't think it works the same, especially since the album is basically one long track cutup into sections (Tracks are designed to blend into each other with matching keys and atmospheres). Not expecting anyone to listen to all 3 discs like this, although that would be ideal but 1 disc at a time is designed as one continuous track not the entire total of the 3 discs.

yeah I totally understand and realised when listening properly today. I smashed out all of disc 1 today at work, got a few tracks into disc 2 and had to go home. I'll continue on my walk to work tomorrow! It's great stuff, man.

It was mostly the very end of the hidden track that reminded me of Passion:

.. and also some of the flutey sounds, for example the one playing above the digeridoo on Orange Wash, awesome stuff. How much of this is synthesized vs. field/instrument recordings? Or is that something you'd like to keep to yourself?

Actually, I think there's merit in saying that Passion and Ambiente would go well together, stylistically. Obviously Passion was made in the 80s so it has some pretty bombastic sounds, but also amazing stuff like this:

and this:

announcement:

when Ambiente hits Boomkat, Juno, Itunes and the other digital networks (Bleep still doesn't like us even after we put out 2 releases by a former warp artist, Sote *sad face*) we will be selling the 10-15 remaining copies (have to check exact count) of the last Ambiente box set stock with an additional exclusive CD of entirely new material made in 2014: 'Ambiente 4'.

pre-order details will be posted here first. This very small run of Ambiente 4 will be available in early March.

Please put me down for one of these Robbie, as I was too broke to buy it the first time and it's been eating at me since then. Can I actually preorder a copy? I would if you'd let me.

hey brian, for some reason I thought you already grabbed one! The order link is still active on the site since I still have about 10 boxes and cds left, but if you just order one of those now It will include a copy of Ambiente 4 (when it's ready). If you don't mind waiting until mid March of course, otherwise I can just send you the box next week and when Cd 4 is ready send it that out by itself.

Cheers! Just ordered it. Feel free to hold everything until you're ready, I don't mind waiting...although I am excited to dive in when the time comes.

announcement:

Sorry my reading comprehension skills are fucked, is it necessary to buy the whole boxset (already have one) if I want to listen to Ambiente 4 in the future?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived