IGNORED

Buckie High

beerwolf

Just by chance stumbled upon this track on Youtube and obviously just had my brain receptors blown!

I don't count myself a BoC diehard so a lot of their officialy unreleased stuff I haven't heard. Why on earth is this track languishing in obscurity? Or just on illegal downloading sites? It just doesn't make sense to me.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some comments on Youtube say it's either a drink (as above), a school in Scotland (as above), or Scottish slang for a bong. Is everything BoC do a mystery or conundrum?

Either way the tune is just killer.

Lord Joyrex

Didn't you mention all this kind of stuff would be released as a boxset?

Killer tracks like this deserve to be given justice to. They should not be condemned just to youtube or faceless mp3 files. It's like having great photo's of your life's best moments shut away in a drawer gathering dust.

Deceptively simple, epic track. Perfectly encapsulates the appeal of early Boards: extreme minimalism, but inexplicably "right" sounding. Even without the name, it sounds like high school to me, like the score for an epic battle between the misfits and the jocks...

• 2 months later...

Lord Joyrex

Didn't you mention all this kind of stuff would be released as a boxset?

Killer tracks like this deserve to be given justice to. They should not be condemned just to youtube or faceless mp3 files. It's like having great photo's of your life's best moments shut away in a drawer gathering dust.

I was told that unreleased material like Buckie High may appear in a boxset or get a special release of some sort, but nothing ever more was mentioned about it.

Hopefully once the Radio Silence ends, (or begins, as it were), we'll know more or at least begin to inquire the status of any further releases.

Hopefully once the Radio Silence ends, (or begins, as it were), we'll know more or at least begin to inquire the status of any further releases.

wait, is that really the name of the new album?

Do not like, new clear dawn would have been better

Just by chance stumbled upon this track on Youtube and obviously just had my brain receptors blown!

I don't count myself a BoC diehard so a lot of their officialy unreleased stuff I haven't heard. Why on earth is this track languishing in obscurity? Or just on illegal downloading sites? It just doesn't make sense to me.

Do yourself a favor and track down the rest of the unreleased stuff. Almost all of it is insanely good, and is really nice pleasant stuff to have on. Really a more simple, to the core, version of themselves. It's basically exactly the solid core that you would have expected their more technical stuff to bloom from. I listen to it more than their proper releases.

Some of the early stuff is absolutely stunning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grdgKf54cNI

Some of the later trademarks of their sound are here. The floaty monosynth melodies and part of the drum track reappears in Kid For Today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiuYjqUBWYc

Similar thing with this one too. The drum track or the sounds at least reappear on In a beautiful place out the country.

Perhaps more importantly both of these tracks are proper beauties. Hopefully full quality versions will come out at some point.

Guest ArbitersGround

^ Indeed "Sequoia" is probably my favorite Old Tunes track. It's like roygbiv's cool older brother.

Perhaps more importantly both of these tracks are proper beauties. Hopefully full quality versions will come out at some point.

They did re-release a clearer version of Sequoia with some magazine around the time Headphase came out.

So am I the only one who noticed that Joyrex seemed to drop a not-so-subtle hint that the new album will be titled Radio Silence?

As soon as I read Joyrex's sentance, I thought it was a bit peculier because of the capital letters. Then my attention was diverted. But yeah that seems a hint.

They did re-release a clearer version of Sequoia with some magazine around the time Headphase came out.

That is news to me. Do you know any more about it?

joyrex loves capitalizing the beginning of stuff :)

Yeah, but did you read it? It seemed pretty clear he was implying that Radio Silence is the title of the album or a track on the album...though given the track record, I'd have to say I agree with the comment about folks feeding JR BoC-related shit :emotawesomepm9:

That is news to me. Do you know any more about it?

I have it on an external hard drive somewhere, I think. It sounds just like the old tunes version, only clearer. Iirc, it was released along with that mag article that had a big photo of Mike and Marcus in a forest staring directly at the camera, Mike's expression was particularly "creepy" - I'm sure you know the one I'm talking about...This is a different image from the same shoot:

post-61-0-20641900-1301229099_thumb.jpg

Mine are 192. I also have 160, both from around the time of the original leak. In the intervening years some fan probably re-encoded them higher, but I doubt the quality is any better. Someone could correct me on that though, might want to check the Fredd-e/David AC BoC pages: http://bocpages.org/wiki/About

Archived