IGNORED

Plaid various Liveset DL links

theplaided

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest sirch

Are any of these, other than the Sofia 2009 recording (which is fantastic!), off the soundboard?

what do you mean by off the soundboard please?

he means a direct recording from the PA.. with no background noise, just a pure stream, not muffled and with crowd noise, like you get with iPhone/ field recrders/ video cameras, etc.

thanks sirch! for the explanation. i was thinking, soundboard?? dont they already play everything "off" the soundboard. alright...

more links to come thanks to this Italian dude... ;) they ll be here .

Guest sirch

thanks sirch! for the explanation. i was thinking, soundboard?? dont they already play everything "off" the soundboard. alright...

no problem mate :) yeah everything goes through the soundboard but isn't always recorded directly from the soundboard.

most amature live recordings are done with iPhones these days, or pocket field recorders, by members of the audience,.. so you get some background noise sometimes aswell as clapping and cheers, etc. which is fine by me, though :) adds to the atmosphere i reckon!

thanks again for the uploads mate, there's some good tracks in that Rome set! ! need to check the others out...

Brilliant, man!

:braindance::beer:

yes im on a run, for now

but i ll stop when Plaid send me t-shirts and autographed CDs!! :)) nıhahahaha

btw i am thinking of organising theplaided channel. any help about the categorisation of Plaid's music will be greatly appreciated. categorisation i mean, is, according to years! like: pre-black dog era, black dog era, early plaid era, middle plaid era, and the era after "spokes"?? what should i do? i have to make playlists on channel for the people to be able to access all those uploads according to some f.ucking order pls! :/

i was joking about Plaid sending me precious CDs and t-shirts. :p i was gonna make the channel anyway. but i m serious about my concern about the unorganised uploads on channel. that should be better if they were on seperate playlists.

by the way do post livesets here and yes the rares and unheards pls...

Guest sirch

btw i am thinking of organising theplaided channel. any help about the categorisation of Plaid's music will be greatly appreciated. categorisation i mean, is, according to years! like: pre-black dog era, black dog era, early plaid era, middle plaid era, and the era after "spokes"?? what should i do? i have to make playlists on channel for the people to be able to access all those uploads according to some f.ucking order pls! :/

well, first you need to get rid of those later Black Dog tracks/remixes that have nothing to do with Plaid ;P

and the pictures of the Dust's, too! what are they (Dust) doing on a Plaid channel?? hahaha ;)

Guest sirch

hey if you check again, you ll see that they're already "done" :)))

i deleted them after your message cause you were right. no need for Dust or dirt... no offense.

right...

oh, ok mate.. you didn't need to delete them (if you didn't want to)...

i was just pointing out that those tracks weren't by Ed or Andy as The Black Dog, and they were later Downie/Ash/Knight tBd tracks. and seeing as it was a Plaid channel and you'd said everyting there was by Plaid, y'know.. just wanted to let you know. but cool cool. and i'll help in any way i can with dates 'n stuff like that.. with my little knowledge/memory of such things :)

i'm sure a few others here could help you out with dates too. especially magdog, Boredroom, Sweetwood, etc.

anyway, your channel's the best on the tube. keep up the good work!

Good call on dusting the dust pups from your Plaid channel... can always depend on sirch for keeping it tight :ok:

Yes, i'll help were i can with my fried memory.. my main strength is having most of tbd & pld works on original wax and being around in the early days, so if i can help with dates and other stuff i'll be happy to. I quite like the randomness to be honest, saying that is it handy to be able to narrow a search down by date added and release date. You could add offical release, live and ripp categories.. that would be good.

Guest sirch

Plaided, you could maybe have a section for "friends of Plaid" and/or tracks that have been inspired by/sound like Plaid and early Black Dog...

that way you could include a bunch of stuff that you like and promote good new Plaid-ey style music that isn't actually written/produced/remixed by Plaid.

(you could even have a section devoted to Ken Downie. but the last i heard they're still not exactly 'friends'.)

up to you though. :)

hey no, i wouldnt be wanting to make a Ken Downie section, (despite admiring his musical talents) because i want the channel to stay as a Plaid-channel only.

again: no other section called "Plaid-ey music/friends of Plaid" cause i dont need that. i've read forum pages (for years now) titled "music close to Plaid's" but all the things i ve come across was a disappointment.. Kettel? BoC, no pls...they re all lacking things, badly..

what i meant was: i m either gonna make a chronological playlist, (that'd be too long)

or i m gonna make up a categorisation , or better, consult someone who is educated to be able to do that categorisation and arrange uploads into those 3-4 playlists.. if no one helps me, i may consult discogs and make sth on my own.

i think i gotta work on this...

thanks guys anyway, and yes, that "official release, rip and live categories" could work fine.

let me think....

Great stuff!

Yeah s'right.. no point in a plaidy sounding category coz no one comes close to sounding like Plaid... that's why we love emm!

Maybe sirch meant friends like Kirk Degirogio, B12, Stasis, Nuron, Mark Broom, Peter Ford and errrr The Black Dog category?... That would be a quality, but a BIG JOBBY!

Guest sirch

Great stuff!

Yeah s'right.. no point in a plaidy sounding category coz no one comes close to sounding like Plaid... that's why we love emm!

Maybe sirch meant friends like Kirk Degirogio, B12, Stasis, Nuron, Mark Broom, Peter Ford and errrr The Black Dog category?... That would be a quality, but a BIG JOBBY!

yeah that's what i meant, plus (i think) there's quite a few other people out there on myspace and soundcloud, etc. with excellent tunes (with a nod to Plaid and the old Black Dog), but i realise now that although it would be nice there's not really a lot of point, and it'd be a lot of unnecessary work, you're right. and you might get loads of people sending and linking you stuff... which could turn into a bit of a headache!

plus, i know the thing with later Black Dog is if you started including some of Kens' stuff, where would you draw the line... ?? at the end of the 90's? and if you include some then why not it all, eh.. it would just end up getting confusing/annoying with all the different lineups 'n shit. so..yeah, t'was a bad idea, i see that now. sorry peeps! :)

also i agree with magdog about the catergories, rather than having like a timelime playlist stream in order of release/dates, just have sections for productions, remixes, live, collabs, album tracks, ep's, etc. etc. that might be a bit easier, and easier to navigate around... rather than having to go through everything you can just go to one particular section at a time. also i guess most people wouldn't have the time to sit down and listen through everything in one go. unless they were having a big session at home one night, like tonight ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived