Best Coffee

Guest rumbo

Guest rumbo

What is the best coffee?

I am partial to:

Lavazza%20oro%20250%20g%20[].png

If Lavazza is not available, i also enjoy:

VI5694.jpg

In my opinion, you can't get any better coffee than these. If you can, I havn't tried it yet, and you should tell me about it in this thread.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest rumbo

Has anyone tried Kopi Luwak?

kopiluwak.jpg

Kopi Luwak Coffee

$600 a pound

These Sumatran coffee beans earn their delicacy status after a journey through the digestive tract of a civet, a small cat-like animal. Once picked from civet droppings on the jungle floor, the beans are scrubbed clean. According to Marcone, the beans are chemically altered by the acids in the civet's stomach, resulting in an earthy, chocolate flavored coffee. The beans are superior in flavor to those that have not gone through the civet's digestive process, aficionados say.

Fresh beans from a local roaster. Here in Seattle there are nearly countless different roasters to choose from, and generally there's something to enjoy about each particular blend. There are far too many varieties for me, or anyone, to suppose that they have found "the best coffee," because similar to saying "this is the best band in the world," you're just being a hyperbolic snoot and anyone worth the weight of their own brain cells will see through your facade.

The end.

:cisfor:

I like Intelligentsia. :emotawesomepm9:

hey luke :wub:

Guest rumbo

When I was in America, I drank American coffee. 15 minutes later I was in Mexico, propelled by hot plasma jets of diarrhea.

Coffee isn't automatically good. Even the best brand or best roast can get fucked up if used wrongly. But I don't want to derail this thread after only 3 posts...

- A coffee bar in my hometown has won billions of prizes for their coffee and their baristas and fuck me... their coffee is amazing. I even gave Kokoon some of their espresso roast a couple of years ago as part of my Secret Santa package. Unfortunately I now refuse to support their coffee bar because the owner is a complete dick. I had the honor of helping him out when I worked as a customer supporter at a newspaper, and he acted like a total asshole even though I did everything I could to help him out. So fuck him and his coffee bar. Their roast is fucking great though.

- Then there's Estate Coffee's own espresso roast called Espresso 4 Estates. My sister bought it for me last Christmas and when I made my first cup it like an espresso threesome in my mouth.

Guest Iain C

illy pisses on lavazza. best stuff you'll find in the supermarket by a country mile.

illy6_pack.jpg

unfortunately due to a heart defect that's still in the process of being fully diagnosed, i can't drink coffee at all. i really, really miss it.

Guest Al Hounos

Fresh beans from a local roaster. Here in Seattle there are nearly countless different roasters to choose from, and generally there's something to enjoy about each particular blend. There are far too many varieties for me, or anyone, to suppose that they have found "the best coffee," because similar to saying "this is the best band in the world," you're just being a hyperbolic snoot and anyone worth the weight of their own brain cells will see through your facade.

The end.

:cisfor:

word, your best local roaster is "the best in the world". that goes for everyone that lives in any city with any kind of coffee snobbery. i've had the best coffee in my life here in Seoul, but that doesn't mean it's the best in the world. at the same time, i'd be proud to take any visitor to my favorite coffee shop and show them what's up around here.

great coffee is great. that's all we need to know.

oh and OP, i guarantee your supermarket shit that you posted sucks in comparison to your best local coffee shop.

Yeah, just like everyone said.

When you go to your local coffee shop and get them to freshly grind beans and give them to you.

Thats probably the best coffee Ive ever had. But a close 2nd was at a Sunday market of some old dude who took ages to make it and he sources beans locally. Plus a danish, ooooohhhhhh maaaaaan.

I'm a social coffee drinker and since I am FOREVER ALONE, I haven't done much drinking as of late.

Also if you put either sugar or milk/cream in your coffee, you are a fag. Black is the only way to go.

There are plenty of delicious as fuck coffee-drinks with milk and cream in them. Black coffee is fine and damn good at times, but not everyone is in the business of pretending they're a lumberjack when it comes to getting their daily caffeine. Especially not when the people claiming that black coffee is the only way to go are the same metrosexual ninnies working office jobs and assuming that drinking black coffee somehow makes them a man. I can only come to the conclusion that people with severe cream avoidance tendencies are in fact closeted homosexuals.

ps hi wake :wub:

Usually drink my coffee black.

Rarely a Cappuccino and even more rarely a Mocha.

Both are good but its hard to get a good cappuccino or Mocha, whereas you cant really fuck up a black coffee (well you can, but seriously......)

That's a good point, which brings up the issue of why you brought up cream and sugar in the first place. :P

Because people tend to ruin the flavour of the plain coffee by adding these, instead of getting a latte or whatever.

Shit, it makes me sound like some coffee aficionado, which I am most certainly not. Carry on

:facepalm:

Guest Iain C

At home and work i used to drink my coffee black... at the coffee shop though, i'd often get a macchiato (a proper one, with just a tiny bit of milk) or a flat white instead. but that would generally be followed by a double espresso.

my favourite coffee shops here in beautiful london were flat white or fernandez and wells in soho, nude espresso near brick lane, or monmouth (there's a few around).

i did give in and have a strong cup of black coffee against doctors' orders a few weeks back with breakfast, but i started getting (possibly psychosomatic) chest twinges and freaking my girlfriend out. damn damn damn.

Guest Synthacat 9

[youtubehd]1TrKUAOTgbc[/youtubehd]

Not too well versed in coffee myself, was more of a fan of tea (enjoying a cup of Rooibos right now) until around 2 years ago, but the most memorable I've had in that short time is Stumptown's "Hair Bender," but I'll take whatever's going as long as it's black and not decaff.

Also, coffee & cigarettes

Archived