IGNORED

Best Coffee

Guest rumbo

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

damn, I use to have those glasses on the right... with the hollowed interior. kept hot drinks hot, and cold drinks cold, while keeping your hand room temperature. fits a bottle of beer exactly.

broke both of them.

anyone here using a bodum?

bodum-french-press.jpg

they're good for if you only want to brew one mug

Ye, thats pretty much what I only use.

Im the only big coffee drinker in the house so makes no sense to use the big one. But we have another one that will do about 6 or 7 cups.

Has anyone tried Kopi Luwak?

kopiluwak.jpg

Kopi Luwak Coffee

$600 a pound

These Sumatran coffee beans earn their delicacy status after a journey through the digestive tract of a civet, a small cat-like animal. Once picked from civet droppings on the jungle floor, the beans are scrubbed clean. According to Marcone, the beans are chemically altered by the acids in the civet's stomach, resulting in an earthy, chocolate flavored coffee. The beans are superior in flavor to those that have not gone through the civet's digestive process, aficionados say.

This seems like a type of coffee P Diddy would drink!

Has anyone tried Kopi Luwak?

kopiluwak.jpg

Kopi Luwak Coffee

$600 a pound

These Sumatran coffee beans earn their delicacy status after a journey through the digestive tract of a civet, a small cat-like animal. Once picked from civet droppings on the jungle floor, the beans are scrubbed clean. According to Marcone, the beans are chemically altered by the acids in the civet's stomach, resulting in an earthy, chocolate flavored coffee. The beans are superior in flavor to those that have not gone through the civet's digestive process, aficionados say.

This seems like a type of coffee P Diddy would drink!

More like Dr Dre. Its exactly like those headphones. They must be good if theyre so fucking expensive.

anyone here using a bodum?

bodum-french-press.jpg

they're good for if you only want to brew one mug

yes. I have a small one and a much larger one. I also use them for brewing loose tea too.

I'm well aware that they are homophones and not homonyms, essines.

But, you know, imagine a shitty band called Children of Bodum, playing before a French Press a la Squarepusher's Coathang-- you know what, fuck it. :cerious:

what i meant was i facepalm children of bodom and any reference therein. i'm not dumb enough to not realise what you were getting at. you mah dawg.

so, children of bodom :facepalm:, i suppose! pls forgive.

• 3 years later...

i get Pilon or some other cuban espresso brick coffee. strong and affordable. i drink espresso. breville machine (very messy)
i enjoy the crema
i worked at Peets. I remember their coffee as being very distinct and strong flavored. (from the store) usually roasted within that week. i think you get more caffeine punch from stuff like french press cause the coffee has more time release the chems that jolt you. i never feel jolted from espresso no matter how many i drink

A friend gave me a bag of Deadman's Reach so I've been making my way through it.

Deadmans-Reach-Coffee-Ground.jpg

I'm more of a tea drinker, but I can appreciate a good coffee every now and again. However, I don't have any coffee makers or a french press, so I took a funnel that I use for making beer and put a single-serve coffee filter in it and do it drip style. Tends to work pretty well.

Easy to get lots of good coffee round here. I just pick up whatever nice looking whole beans are available for under 10 a pound. Any time I make coffee at home I and use the french press; that's been my default method for years now.

I have a handful of favorite cafes in the area too. Today I got coffee from a place called Nomad Cafe around the Oakland / Berekeley border, which also makes great Vietnamese sandwiches. Love me some banh mi.

Chemex.jpg

want to get one of these, and a bean grinder.. but right now I'm still noobing around with "quality" supermarket coffee.

btw I went half a year without any coffee and could sleep any moment of the day. the whole concept of getting myself to do something changed.

Archived