IGNORED

Mouse on Mars Official Thread Imaginary Subforum

vamos scorcho

I Was going to Make thread Title this name:

"Mouse on Mars is the greatest band of all time."

That's how I really feel, no other group ever, ever compares. Their music is entirely purely unique. There are others who are unique too, but this approaches electronics in a way nobody else ever had ever and still hasn't.

Their live shows are ridiculous.

Their music is ingenius, and continues to be miles down the road.

It takes time to open up sometimes, but it doesn't change.

It visits realms of thought and emotion that no other music can pinpoint with such accuracy.

So, all things Mouse on Mars in here. sorry if this is a repeat thread I just want to start over and do it right this time.

celebration and learning experience too.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love Mouse on Mars, autoditacker, cache cour naif, iaora tahiti, niun niggung... pretty much everything they do is amazing. I don't rate Varcharz and Radical Connector as highly as their earlier stuff but they're still damn great for being more concept-centered albums.

Would love to see them live.

New album please!

Yes. Mouse on Mars is amazing. Just last week I re-realized the excellence of Idiology...the last three tracks in particular

that's my favorite of theirs to i think. presence is great.

idiology is super-weird. it exists inside of it's own space.

I'm thinking today that I've underrated Radical Connector over the years. I was listening to it loud in my car, it's really good still.

favorite even lesser talked about Mouse on Mars track:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQSkMnFL_mQ

I'm thinking today that I've underrated Radical Connector over the years. I was listening to it loud in my car, it's really good still.

I love Radical Connector... I was surprised to see that a lot of people here don't think too highly of it (maybe because of the vocals?) "Mine Is In Yours" has some great things to say both lyrically and melodically imo. RC was one of those albums that helped me realize how really, truly weird and yet still accessibly funky music can be.

and as an added bonus, Radical Connector once scared a stupid girlfriend of a friend out of my car because she couldn't handle the "terrible weird sounds" :sup:

idiology is super-weird. it exists inside of it's own space.

favorite even lesser talked about Mouse on Mars track:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQSkMnFL_mQ

Many years ago I would often listen to Vulvaland while falling asleep and this song would always wake me up. I think it was the voice.

I never paid much attention to the title of the song.

Funny enough - tonight I was listening to Niun Niggung right after listening to the Beach Boys Surf's Up album. Makes sense now.

• 1 month later...

mouse on mars are incredible, better than many of the watmm featured artists imo.

glad to see a lot of love for vulvaland, that album is dreamy. iaora tahiti is smooth and sexy. glam is great but i can only listen to it on vinyl, and preferably in the summer (good candidate for the summer music thread).

idiology was the first thing i heard by them and it's still my favorite. it's a great summer album too. their music is so playful, without sacrificing any of its depth. i love well composed pop madness and i think mouse on mars do it exceptionally well.

there is really no miss in their whole catalog. radical connector is insanely fresh, niun niggung is joyful, autoditacker is icy and cool. instrumentals is a great album on the more ambient side of their work, a good background for a romantic evening.

varcharz took a while to grow on me but i think it's pretty brilliant, especially the irreverance of the any day not today tracks.

NEW ALBUM PLEEEEEEASE

yeah. I recently figured Idiology is probably a top 5 album for me, at the least

the rest pepper my top 10- 20

haha. anyway, i was just thinking about this thread in my car. listening to niun niggung.

Glam is definitely the weak spot for me but if I had it on vinyl I'm sure I would enjoy it 10X more. it's already very good... it just sounds a bit thin in the mp3s I have.

spot on about Instrumentals as a background for a romantic evening. it's just like, so low key compared to their other stuff. but it's smooth and entertaining/listenable at the same time.

spot on about Instrumentals as a background for a romantic evening. it's just like, so low key compared to their other stuff. but it's smooth and entertaining/listenable at the same time.

It's been a while since I gave it a listen but if I remember one of the tracks towards the end gets noisy enough to make pan sonic blush :nyan:

why are there so many versions of niun niggung?

i just came across this track i'd never heard before

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2A-WQiGw4o

checked out discogs and realized there are other niun niggungs out there with more songs on them. how about that! i'll have to pick up the double lp soon.

their eps and b-sides deserve some love too. cache coeur naif is a really nice album

the frosch ep is tight too, i love the track schnee bud.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Definitely among my favourite artists. First heard them on the Trance Europe Express comps in the early 90s. Surprised at the lack of love for glam in here so far. Idiology is their best I think.

[youtubehd]dZIQ5chgBrk[/youtubehd]

[youtubehd]7AWZ8WLv8aI[/youtubehd]

presence reminded me of bits of the Camofleur LP by Gastr del Sol (Jim O'rourke / David Grubbs (& Marcus Popp)) when It came out...

[youtubehd]QRcNfT6xWXs[/youtubehd]

Archived