IGNORED

Squarepusher, Jamie Lidell, Guthrie LIVE improv at P '99 festival

Guest teetime

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

Have been wondering about this for a while, but I thought I heard Jamie Lidell's voice in 'Shin triad' on Squarepusher's third album. He's not credited anywhere for it as far as I can tell. Seeing now that they did a live collab afterwards and that Lidell released music on Spymania, it doesn't seem implausible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G66o_ddSUj0

Perhaps this is common knowledge and I'll :facepalm: for a bit...

Doesn't sound quite like Jamie to me, but I guess we'll never know! I suppose one could always ask him - he usually likes to hang and talk to fans after his shows. I keep meaning to ask him what the lyrics are to Daddy's Car...I can never make them out entirely, but I love that song! I end up making up the words to sing it to myself.

Edited by NI64

awesome ! incredible how lidell changed he was extremly experimental during the late 90´s and early 00´s.

always hoped he would come back to the crazy stuff at least for one little lp.
but since he doesnt take drugs anymore that times are over, i guess

• 1 year later...

Have been wondering about this for a while, but I thought I heard Jamie Lidell's voice in 'Shin triad' on Squarepusher's third album. He's not credited anywhere for it as far as I can tell. Seeing now that they did a live collab afterwards and that Lidell released music on Spymania, it doesn't seem implausible.

Perhaps this is common knowledge and I'll  :facepalm: for a bit...

Doesn't sound quite like Jamie to me, but I guess we'll never know! I suppose one could always ask him - he usually likes to hang and talk to fans after his shows. I keep meaning to ask him what the lyrics are to Daddy's Car...I can never make them out entirely, but I love that song! I end up making up the words to sing it to myself.

Alright, I went to see Jamie's show in Brussels yesterday and it was really good. Spoke to him afterwards and asked him about this. He said it was him on that track and I was the first to ever ask him about it. Said I was a pretty smart guy :D lol

Really nice person, very pleasant to talk to.

Perhaps this is common knowledge and I'll :facepalm: for a bit...

Alright, I went to see Jamie's show in Brussels yesterday and it was really good. Spoke to him afterwards and asked him about this. He said it was him on that track and I was the first to ever ask him about it. Said I was a pretty smart guy :D lol

Really nice person, very pleasant to talk to.

500 IDM points for you. Nice one!

• 4 years later...
On 8/21/2015 at 9:59 PM, t yst r said:

I thought I heard Jamie Lidell's voice in 'Shin triad' on Squarepusher's third album.

He says so himself on yesterday's Sonic Talk:

• Thanks 2