IGNORED

The Tuss

Macca

For the people reading this who are insensitive to RePHLeX-trolling: yes, you might think they haven't got the slightest idea that to be able to find good music you might have to search using a name once in a while. Just to be able to keep track off the source of all that good shit. Kinda like searching for good posts at 4chan without having a name of the poster.

In a way we're back at the naughties. When DJs put stickers on the records they played so all the trainwatchers trying to figure out what was being played, got zilch.

But then you realize: fuck, I've just been trolled, haven't I? :rhubear1::rhubear3::rhubear2:

what is that voice from? An old mac vocal synth?

well it's still there in Mac OS X i think...i could be wrong though, it's been a while since i played with OS X.

definitely there in OS 9 though

Decoding it? Why bother, I'm sure what I've linked here is it decoded... just saying. I could pick out some of the first few questions asked here in the soundcloud post, and it was sourced through the same tumblr page

I can predict every future interview with GWC for the rest of his life:

Q: n

A: Don't bootleg it.

In one of those sites mentioned, there is still that ridiculous "don't bootleg or we'll send the boys around" statement. I agree that filesharing has put a dent in the old way of doing music business but don't give me that shit of closing up shop over it when your business partner can squidge £20K or more in 2 hours whenever he feels like it.

Not related but the thing I have loved about the P2P shakedown of the past 12 years is that it's forced artists that would normally be shut-ins to come out and play. The ticket prices have soared but I don't mind if it's a proper jam.

haha, i'm not sure if you're getting the tongue-in-cheekness of that statement....

the interview is brilliant, i predict a 30 page thread about this... decoding it, wondering if using that specific laughing synth speech synthesizer is another clue...

plus the radio thing - why is no-one mentioning this? they're probably broadcasting the new afx, boom blaster two, live tuss lowry organ jams, another 8 volumes of unreleased vibert/simmonds... someone in the south east of the UK needs go for a drive there with the radio on.

S.I.R. - Somewhere in Redruth

that would be pretty fucking sly playing all the new shit local :spiteful::shuriken:

Guest Masonic Boom

The radio is related to the Container?

Because every time I go down there, that Container is never open. (And sitting in a parking lot round the back of Redruth, staring at a brightly coloured psychedelic Box is on my list of "top ten insalubrious activities")

And I never manage to see the announcements on Twitter/Tumblr until the most inconvenient moment I couldn't manage to get a bus down.

I'll try and listen to the radio thing tho - 105.0 FM? Bet that's only on at odd times of the day and night.

so i just downloaded that 'tuss interview' the whole thing for the most part is verbatim an interview Grant did in 2007 here http://www.ianroullier.com/extras/grantwilsonclaridge_full.htm

however at the very end it gives off a URL that i can barely decipher

the best i was able to come up with was http://2.tl/s3hor

i think i'm onto something but this url goes to a broken bitly placeholder

try deciphering it for yourself

here - 05 braindancefm The Tuss G IDJ_01.mp3

Guest hahathhat

oh no. Masonic is showing up to find Richard

it's all a wild goose chase, so they can watch people freak out over it and laugh. joke's on her

so i just downloaded that 'tuss interview' the whole thing for the most part is verbatim an interview Grant did in 2007 here http://www.ianroullier.com/extras/grantwilsonclaridge_full.htm

however at the very end it gives off a URL that i can barely decipher

the best i was able to come up with was http://2.tl/s3hor

i think i'm onto something but this url goes to a broken bitly placeholder

try deciphering it for yourself

here - 05 braindancefm The Tuss G IDJ_01.mp3

again I linked that in the second post of this thread... but good work on catchin the url, hope that gets deciphered and leads to something useful. Might also just be a link where the interview came from or something irrelevant anyways, or it's a secret Tuss website, lol :shuriken:

Guest Masonic Boom

it's all a wild goose chase, so they can watch people freak out over it and laugh. joke's on her

Actually, the joke's on you, because you would not *believe* the shit they've been playing on Braindance fm... :braindance:

Found the Container at Carbis Sands yesterday - that one has a working model of Richard Trevithick's Puffing Devil in it! It's like a treasure hunt. Awesome.

again I linked that in the second post of this thread... but good work on catchin the url,

yeah the first part was super obvious, didn't realize you caught it because you offered zero context just a URL link with short description

.......but yeah i caught the URL *high fives myself*

if it does indeed say 'source' then yeah it's probably a red herring. I was secretly hoping there would be some kind of goodies hidden on that url. And you actually are probably right since it seems very much like Rephlex to make a bitly URL, let it expire and not care

Guest hahathhat

Actually, the joke's on you, because you would not *believe* the shit they've been playing on Braindance fm... :braindance:

Found the Container at Carbis Sands yesterday - that one has a working model of Richard Trevithick's Puffing Devil in it! It's like a treasure hunt. Awesome.

thank you for finally providing definite evidence that you're entirely a made-up persona.

thank you for finally providing definite evidence that you're entirely a made-up persona.

That's what I always thought.

what is that voice from? An old mac vocal synth?

It's just the "Hysterical" voice on all Macs since at least OS9.

Guest Masonic Boom

That's what I always thought.

You're absolutely right. You caught me out at last. Masonic Boom is an entirely made-up personna and I've actually been Karen Tregaskin all along. Can I have mine own board now please?

5675250183_81e437b041_o.jpg

5675250175_623a38218f_o.jpg

I picked up a poster at one of the other containers which had a list of all the locations. I didn't get to all of them because they weren't all on bus routes, but it was fun.

Note smashed CD of dodgy rave tunes volume 3 in front of the box.

Archived