IGNORED

Fields (Demo)

Guest Ultravisitor

I really like the guitar. I love the plucking sound it makes to begin with - almost music box-like. Overall it just sounds great.

If I could change one thing it would be to hold back the drums until 0:51. I would like to hear more guitar and the drums don't really seem to be doing well on their own without the bassline for some weird reason. I'm not saying that the drums are bad but it's just one of those weird instances where the bass ties the whole thing together. I hope this makes sense.

Also, there's no reason to record any of the guitar on a better microphone. It sounds awesome now.

PS. It kinda reminds me of some of the old DJ Cam stuff...

Guest Ultravisitor

Thats really nice to know. Thank you!

I know what you mean about the drums. I just sent my pal a copy of the track without drums so he can work out some drums to it. Should be better with a real drummer.

I'm glad you like the guitar. I'm still going to rerecord it though :) I've already made an album with my in built mic. Feel like i should try out my friends mic instead.

BUT, if it loses the feel, i'll stick to the original.

gotta try new things, ay? :)

also, who is this dj cam? i've heard the name.

DJ Cam used to be big in the late 90s early 00s. It was chilled and jazzy trip hop/hip hop. But for some reason your track reminded me of some of his stuff.

Guest tht tne

the latter third of the track really gets me going, i will be looking forward to your next ylc posts!

Guest ansgaria

Pretty good. I really like the ambience you (assumingly) made from guitar samples near the end. So summer'esque

Guest Saraband

Pretty Four Tetish. With that being said..."I love it". Definitely will check into your later posts. Great tones and the material sounds well mastered.

Guest Ultravisitor

:)

I'm stepping up the mastering game soon. Found out that "Ochre" does mastering too! £15 a track. So I'm going to send him my concept ambience album about water cycles and see how that changes the flow of things. SO exciting!

Thanks again for the comments! Its nice to know that other people enjoy the music I make. (albeit not particularly challenging music :D)

Archived