IGNORED

Metallica & Lou Reed - Lulu

beerwolf

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest analogue wings

agreed. a+ comments. nice mix of trolls and metallica realfans trying to hastily adapt their world view to accommodate this thing. good collaboration between the 2 sets of commenters.

a band that's always sucked pairs up with a legend that's made several awful choices in his musical career. well, it sounds just like i would have imagined.

metallica didn't always suck, everything before the black album was fried gold.

Master of the Puppets may be my all time favorite metal album.

I dreamt that a friend was starting a Rollins Band cover band because of this thread. I told him I could never form a Rollins Band cover band because there's no way I'd be able to find a singer with a thick enough neck. Then for some reason I was plotting out how I could fit our dialogue onto a wall that was already half covered in graffiti. :shrug:

If this album were released on soundcloud with listener comments, I'd probably listen to/read the whole thing at least twice.

a band that's always sucked pairs up with a legend that's made several awful choices in his musical career. well, it sounds just like i would have imagined.

metallica didn't always suck, everything before the black album was fried gold.

x2

I could start posting videos from ...And Justice For All, but I won't because I know I'll just post the entire album.

I could start posting videos from ...And Justice For All, but I won't because I know I'll just post the entire album.

Yeah pretty much. Every now and then I look for more prog-thrash but ..Justice is by far the best in that genre. Well, that and Contradictions Collapse by Meshuggah.

Yeah pretty much. Every now and then I look for more prog-thrash but ..Justice is by far the best in that genre. Well, that and Contradictions Collapse by Meshuggah.

*high5"

Don't apologise, nobody gives a fuck.

The Thing That Should Not Be. Disposable Heroes. Leper Messiah. MOP. 10/10 tracks and all the others are 9/10.

This Lulu track sounds dreadfull lol.

Black album's good, and I probably listened to it more than any other music when I was 9, which is basically when I realized I wanted to be a musician. So yeah, I'll always have a soft spot for that album. Death Magnetic was not bad, way better than I thought it would ever be again, but still weak compared to anything they released before Load. Definitely has its moments.

been listening to And justice alot lately as I recently watched Hesher (great film!). was excited to hear something new by them but yeah, this blows. I predict they'll release 1 more shitty album before calling it quits, Hetfield will do some solo stuff and that's that. I mean how much longer can they continue this downward decline?

I think Load is a good album (and Reload to a certain extent) if you take it for what it is—a somewhat bluesy hard rock album—and forget about the amazing 80s stuff. I mean, this song for example is fucking epic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiKszUWcT_I

i agree, and it was just a brave move all round. (selling an album to metalheads with a modern art cover made of blood and cum? fucking brave.)

st. anger was a fucking pile of puke and shit though.

lol going grunge in the mid '90s wasnt "brave", it was a calculated commercial decision and nothing more

It was a load alright.

I can't stand hetfield's singing, which you don't hear as distinctly when it's nice and metally. My fave album of there's being right the lightening. After that i preferred death metal.

Archived