IGNORED

pics you took that you're pleased with

oscillik

Why is that one smoke stack on the top right moving, the one in the upper middle too? Also, given the way the wind is blowing i wonder if that residential area adjacent has higher rates of leukaemia than the national average. Depends what they are processing i guess. That church looks pretty dire, church of satan?

Why is that one smoke stack on the top right moving, the one in the upper middle too?

it's just really gungho about its job

Also, given the way the wind is blowing i wonder if that residential area adjacent has higher rates of leukaemia than the national average. Depends what they are processing i guess. That church looks pretty dire, church of satan?

The general aesthetic of Saint John New Brunswick is one of juxtaposition - one of applied folkiness, a certain sort of conscious attempt to hold on to some imagined past, all the while existing in close conjunction to the ugly realities of industrial development. Wherever one goes in this city they encounter the corpses of 18th Century architecture, swarthed in the black powerline cables that cluster above your head on every street. The stench of the pulp mill and the oil refinery and the untreated human sewage lagoon invade your nostrils at every turn, creating a sort of general ambient backdrop of malaise no matter where you are, what you're doing. Most folks who've been here for years forget it's even there, attributing their sense of discontent to location, to not living out some imagined ideal of the self (usually witness in the young, whereas the aged apply themselves more to the past than the future obv). This manifests in a constant desire to escape to the future or the past, without directly confronting the uncomfortable truths of the present, ergo the golem of applied industry

this photo seeks to represent that although i was unsure of it at the time or at any previous time up until the present, only in vague metaphors and brief glances. the churches are the diminished iconography of something holy

Thanks for the reply. Now i know to only go to Saint John if i really have to, like they're erecting a statue in my honour or something. It's strange to me that they never separated the industrial from the residential, civic and commercial. I guess that was just how the boil burst over the plains of New Brunswick and they just have to live with it. Many industrial towns look like this, a jumble of processing plants and residential streets, so i'm not shocked.

Guest jasondonervan

zYHM6t6.jpg

imgur dun messed with the colours

Lush mate

Try minus.com instead of imgur (which tends to add really crappy compression)

http://world3.tk/v/KNV-2.gif

my brother at our uncle's lake. he wasn't trying to make a pose or nothing, honest

http://world3.tk/v/SJN-3.jpg

gettin my gursk on in ol saint john

edit - nice theme you got going on in the stuff you just posted aefx. Not sure if my fav is 2, 7, 8, 11, or 12 but they're all very well together with the use of lens flare and hazy atmosphere

Edited by Cryptowen

Reminds me of -

fennesz-endlesssummer.jpg

:w00t: ...and endless summer is how i called the picture.

the past summer was the happiest summer i had in my life and i felt its warmness in every possible sense; i still do. the pic frames the feeling very well.

Why is that one smoke stack on the top right moving, the one in the upper middle too?

it's just really gungho about its job

got to love an enthusiastic smoke stack

steamboat-willie-1-o.gif