IGNORED

pics you took that you're pleased with

oscillik

Cryptowen, what do you do to your pics? and what're you snapping with? your pics always look awesome.

aww thanks

i shoot with an old sony dsc-h5 i've had since i was 15. the lens cover is missing & i walk around with it all day, so there's always bits of dust & gunk smeared on the lens (the fountain shot is blurry around the edges because the night before i'd fished an old ice cream cone out of the trash & it dripped all over the place). I also generally save as gifs with 32 colours or less, and various contrast/colour correction effects. I like the way the digital & analogue distortions work together to smear the photo down into a vague approximation of real life

oh yeah and the shutter button's missing so i take photos by jamming a thumbtack into the hole

(nice pics everyone btw, i tend not to comment on individuals tho because this thread loads hella slow for me)

Cryptowen, what do you do to your pics? and what're you snapping with? your pics always look awesome.

aww thanks

i shoot with an old sony dsc-h5 i've had since i was 15. the lens cover is missing & i walk around with it all day, so there's always bits of dust & gunk smeared on the lens (the fountain shot is blurry around the edges because the night before i'd fished an old ice cream cone out of the trash & it dripped all over the place). I also generally save as gifs with 32 colours or less, and various contrast/colour correction effects. I like the way the digital & analogue distortions work together to smear the photo down into a vague approximation of real life

oh yeah and the shutter button's missing so i take photos by jamming a thumbtack into the hole

(nice pics everyone btw, i tend not to comment on individuals tho because this thread loads hella slow for me)

I like how you get the grids showing up as artefacts of the giffification. it's all very neuromancer, at least to me anyway.

Td3joWO.jpg

took this yesterday. also iPhone 6. Still there is some improvement to be made

I've not messed around with that feature on my phone yet, I've not really found a location that seems interesting enough to use it with. That's a cool one though!

• 2 weeks later...

Td3joWO.jpg

Wow! I just got an iphone 6 - how you do that?

Td3joWO.jpg

I used this app: http://occipital.com/360/app

You scan all around you by rotating the phone in 360 degress without moving the phone too much out of position. its really easy and self explanatory. When the shot is done you tap on the 2nd button top left and switch to stereographic mode. thats it

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

Td3joWO.jpg

I used this app: http://occipital.com/360/app

You scan all around you by rotating the phone in 360 degress without moving the phone too much out of position. its really easy and self explanatory. When the shot is done you tap on the 2nd button top left and switch to stereographic mode. thats it

Werd. There's an android version of this too

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vtcreator.android360&hl=en

not exactly pic but I took that yesterday:

http://i.imgur.com/F9xN0hR.gifv

She just stood there watching the sunset for 10 minutes. I had no idea dogs do this.

you can see the feels - love it

+1

Guest volg4

built a quadcopter a while ago and been slowly learning to fly that...
stuck a gopro on the front :>)

heres some stills from around scotland

post-43-0-20698700-1432982591_thumb.png

post-43-0-69766400-1432982599_thumb.png

post-43-0-10938500-1432982607_thumb.png

post-43-0-19859200-1432982614_thumb.png

post-43-0-93387700-1432982620_thumb.png

post-43-0-89732200-1432982627_thumb.png

post-43-0-59691000-1432982636_thumb.png

post-43-0-02603400-1432982645_thumb.png

post-43-0-68405200-1432982714_thumb.png

post-43-0-39714400-1432982721_thumb.png

post-43-0-57714400-1432982729_thumb.png

post-43-0-95384600-1432982737_thumb.png

post-43-0-84063300-1432982744_thumb.png

Guest volg4

lovely aerial shots there, shame those blades got in the way though!

cheers! yeh, the blades do get in the way... going to build another one eventually, setup just for photography, it'll have camera stabilisation and no blades in view! theres a new one from DJI which has 4k video and separate controller for the camera so you can have someone working the shots, consumer tech is getting wild...

lovely aerial shots there, shame those blades got in the way though!

cheers! yeh, the blades do get in the way... going to build another one eventually, setup just for photography, it'll have camera stabilisation and no blades in view! theres a new one from DJI which has 4k video and separate controller for the camera so you can have someone working the shots, consumer tech is getting wild...

yeah, DigitalRev did a review on that one I think. the one where the rotor blades move up out of the FOV? very expensive toy! Also, I've heard of lots of photographers getting turned away at airports due to the ambiguousness of the legality of these things!