IGNORED

do you work out?

oyster

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my girlfriend got me to start working out, but i've been slacking like fuck recently. why did godjesus make beer and weed so much fun? fuck

I don't go over board with that shit. You can sometimes do more damage then good if you're not educated on how to go about things.

I workout 2/3 days a week and feel great. Mostly consist of pull-ups, push-ups, jumping jacks, triceps/biceps with free weights, bench press, and some shoulder exercises. This coupled with eating well is the key o and I walk a lot it's good for you in so many ways.

i don't work out, im vegetarian but don't eat nearly as healthy as i should, i smoke, i drink too much sugary drinks, i pretty much just sit on my ass all day both at work and at home and i don't really sleep as much as i should.

fffuuuu

i rarely drink nor do drugs and im not overweight though, so i guess that's a plus?

:facepalm:

about 4 times a week.

on day one I walk/jog for about 4.5 miles. go home and do 300 sit ups. do 60 to 80 reps of a modified bench press I made at home that consists of using bungees. I take the same bungies and put them atop an open door and do triceps.

day 2, the same walk/job. 300 sit ups. and work my biceps back and shoulders using the same bungies.

repeat the on days 3 and 4.

about 4 times a week.

on day one I walk/jog for about 4.5 miles. go home and do 300 sit ups. do 60 to 80 reps of a modified bench press I made at home that consists of using bungees. I take the same bungies and put them atop an open door and do triceps.

day 2, the same walk/job. 300 sit ups. and work my biceps back and shoulders using the same bungies.

repeat the on days 3 and 4.

whoa dude

Guest Al Hounos

weights (all upper body) 3 times a week.

easy jog 2-3 miles the other 3 days. i'm new to running so i have to go really slow or i get shin splints.

i usually have a day off somewhere in there. not scheduled, but for when i'm busy/lazy.

exercising is like the opposite of drinking. it sounds like a terrible idea before you do it, but afterwards you're glad you did.

I ride my bike everywhere, and I'm vegetarian. I'm going to start working on my obliques soon to tone up. My legs are in really good shape, but I want to get my mid section in order, as well as start to lift weights to get some upper body strength.

I started taking some easier routes lately to save time, but I've noticed some of my strength has diminished. Back to going up the hills, I guess. I'll probably have to get a new chain in the next few months.

Critical Mass this month in SF will be the annual trip up Twin Peaks:

Twin_Peaks-San_Francisco.jpg

exercising is like the opposite of drinking. it sounds like a terrible idea before you do it, but afterwards you're glad you did.

That's an excellent way of explaining it.

Guest Coalbucket PI

I run about 4k twice a week, or sometimes cycle an equivalent amount. Some weights and some swimming. Then I drink all weekend to counteract any benefits.

swimming is the best exercise. I used to run but it helped fuck my back up. I haven't worked out much since I've moved into my new house as I have no equipment here nor do I have time to go to a gym. I'd like to get an elliptical trainer and some dumbbells for my basement though, that's what I used to work with. also, that p90x workout is supposed to be great.

Ha! That sounds like something from a book of quotes. Well played.

I've been considering getting an annual membership to a local gym. I painted condos for a month and started feeling notably physically stronger than I had in a while, seems like something worth maintaining. I remember working out was the one thing that boosted my spirits when I was depressed back in the day. I do a lot of walking, but I haven't worked out in quite some time.

for all the joggers on the thread - stop jogging on concrete. that shit will fuck your knees and shins up.

and your back. for real.

i don't work out, im vegetarian

is being veggy some form of working out? maybe for your colon?

that's the most out of context quote ever.

goddamn, reading this thread is depressing, i really need to start doing something, anything.

i don't work out, im vegetarian

is being veggy some form of working out? maybe for your colon?

that's the most out of context quote ever.

thanks! it took some skillful editing.

for all the joggers on the thread - stop jogging on concrete. that shit will fuck your knees and shins up.

and your back. for real.

Stop jogging on the balls of your feet, and bounce off the front like me and the mexican indians. and don't let your shoes have too much padding. Plus yeah, it's good to give your feet a variety of random bumps upon which to land. So offroad is prob. betterer.

Archived