IGNORED

do you work out?

oyster

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah, it's funny how when i joined a gym for a small time during my teens, in order to do weights the guy that ran the place had shown me this set of stretches i was required to do before i could touch the machines. they were naive times, that we're still in.

• 1 year later...

I do vinyasa flow yoga. My ex was a teacher so gotta lot of pyruvate lessons and stuff.

I actually grew an inch or two due to spinal muscle strength and posture, no Bs. I used to look into her eyes and then after a few years I was looking at her forehead. My mum even noticed it.

Haven't done it for a while but now ive moved into London I've found a really cool school that does pure vinyasa all day long in these pop-up yogapods. Im so excited.

Whoever doesn't go to the gym or yoga etc, I agree, don't got. Terrible way to meet hot people, I, for one, hate being in a room full of women bending over and making sighing noises. Horrid waste of time being three blokes to thirty birds, one of whom is probably gay.

And they arent always the stereotypical skinny yoga twig either.

'more men need to be in ypga' I hear all the time.

No they don't. Let me endure the hell and take one for the team

Yeah, that can happen with the heat and /or deep breathing

I've seen a massive dude fall flat on his face, no hands out to protect him. Woke 15 seconds later very confused.

Trick is not to push yourself too hard , but everyone does. I twisted both knees two years ago and I should have known better but was showing off.

It's because it's all about being oxygen flowing round your body to the muscles which are in the process of being stretched and strengthened. You need some left in your head to stand up lol

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

Whoever doesn't go to the gym or yoga etc, I agree, don't got. Terrible way to meet hot people, I, for one, hate being in a room full of women bending over and making sighing noises. Horrid waste of time being three blokes to thirty birds, one of whom is probably gay.

And they arent always the stereotypical skinny yoga twig either.

'more men need to be in ypga' I hear all the time.

No they don't. Let me endure the hell and take one for the team

*signs up for yoga classes*

Been doing hour and a half sessions on my exercise bike recently. According to the magical LCD screen that equates to about 1000 calories burned each time

the idea of paying for spinning classes or throwing down $900+ on a nice exercise bike boggles my mind. you could easily take that money and buy two decent used bikes (cheap one for commuting, nicer one work true workouts). just ride a bike outside! i went to my gf's gym at her office and rode the exercise bike and was so bored i couldn't imagine doing it for more than 30 minutes.

for exercise i mostly commute by bike to work (19+ miles/day roundtrip). however, after doing this for nearly 3 yrs now my body has acclimated and i basically can't stop or i'll immediately start to gain weight without even eating. used to do more dedicated workout rides of 25+miles with buddies but everyone's taken turns with workout related injuries and we just haven't been able to sync up for the last year. lately have been mixing in some full body strength training/cardio workout tapes my fiance got to get in shape for our upcoming wedding and they've been surprisingly effective (i can see my abs!). lost about 10 pounds in the last couple of months and put on a good bit of muscle. if i could lose another 10-15 i'd be fucking ecstatic.

i also run a handful of times per month, usually no less than a 5k and for the last few months been trying to do at least one 10k per month

hardest part of losing weight for me is my eating. i fucking love food. i'm always hungry but i don't eat meat. so like, i can start with a pretty healthy dinner but without something like a lean piece of chicken to give me that classic american meaty fullness i'd grown accustomed to for 25+ years i'll still be hungry and end up throwing a couple of frozen veggie burgers in the microwave and cover them in ketchup/mayo/etc.

fwp ftw

i don't work out, im vegetarian but don't eat nearly as healthy as i should, i smoke, i drink too much sugary drinks, i pretty much just sit on my ass all day both at work and at home and i don't really sleep as much as i should.

fffuuuu

i rarely drink nor do drugs and im not overweight though, so i guess that's a plus?

:facepalm:

i h8 u :(

the idea of paying for spinning classes or throwing down $900+ on a nice exercise bike boggles my mind. you could easily take that money and buy two decent used bikes (cheap one for commuting, nicer one work true workouts). just ride a bike outside! i went to my gf's gym at her office and rode the exercise bike and was so bored i couldn't imagine doing it for more than 30 minutes.

for exercise i mostly commute by bike to work (19+ miles/day roundtrip). however, after doing this for nearly 3 yrs now my body has acclimated and i basically can't stop or i'll immediately start to gain weight without even eating. used to do more dedicated workout rides of 25+miles with buddies but everyone's taken turns with workout related injuries and we just haven't been able to sync up for the last year. lately have been mixing in some full body strength training/cardio workout tapes my fiance got to get in shape for our upcoming wedding and they've been surprisingly effective (i can see my abs!). lost about 10 pounds in the last couple of months and put on a good bit of muscle. if i could lose another 10-15 i'd be fucking ecstatic.

i also run a handful of times per month, usually no less than a 5k and for the last few months been trying to do at least one 10k per month

hardest part of losing weight for me is my eating. i fucking love food. i'm always hungry but i don't eat meat. so like, i can start with a pretty healthy dinner but without something like a lean piece of chicken to give me that classic american meaty fullness i'd grown accustomed to for 25+ years i'll still be hungry and end up throwing a couple of frozen veggie burgers in the microwave and cover them in ketchup/mayo/etc.

fwp ftw

What does "eating healthy" mean?

to me it means whole fruits/veggies/beans/nuts/eggs. avoiding processed foods/breads etc. not adding sugar to my coffee, sauces, dressings etc. i try to eat like that, but usually at dinner time if i have say, a salad with a couple of eggs or nuts for protein, i'm still going to be fuckin' hungry. sometimes i'll have the willpower to cut myself off (and have generally been a good bit better about it the last few months). other times i'll toss a veggie burger/dog in the microwave and cover it in sugary/fatty condiments or throw 10 frozen veggie dumplings in the bamboo steamer 'cause it's fucking easy and fills me up like meat mmmmmm

i also have an insipid sweet tooth that has been really hard to reign in. pretty crazy how much sweeter/delicious fruit tastes if you go a few days with absolutely no added sugars

basically i don't have (or at least haven't had) the willpower to ever stay on the wagon very long. always some social get together or eating out with friends, being too tired after work to cook/eat healthy, some reason to justify to myself eating shit. eating is fucking fun, and eating shit is really fucking fun (to me)

@lala you've just confirmed why I tend to work out in the "disco room" which is the dark room with neon lights in my gym

@juiceciuj if you just cut down a bit and choose lean meat rather than stuff like streaky bacon, i'm sure you'll feel benefits

@lala you've just confirmed why I tend to work out in the "disco room" which is the dark room with neon lights in my gym

Y

I'm too busy trying to concentrate than stare at all the lovely buns

If that is what you are implying

I have learnt the hard way. By falling over staring at my ex's buns. and in yoga sometimes you use the others as point of reference so i caused a domino effect leaving people all wobbly

Much embarrass

@juiceciuj if you just cut down a bit and choose lean meat rather than stuff like streaky bacon, i'm sure you'll feel benefits

i dun eat meat, which is part of my problem. i dropped 15 pounds in like two weeks on a diet like 5 years ago where i was eating lean baked chicken and fish for protein (diet last for a month and kinda plateaued after that first couple of weeks). was easy to feel full. don't give myself that luxury now :\

whoops sorry, i meant perezvon. one thing i found when i was vegan is it can be hard to deal with nutrition. if you are not getting protein from things like meat and fish it can be a bit of a pain. i eventually had to give up vegan/full veggie diet for this reason.

@lala i know what you mean, i totally ignore the ripped guys at the gym, grunting, sweat dripping down their bulging pectorals.

Archived